Question Samsung 980 nvme m.2 not appearing in bios…HELP!

Jan 18, 2022
So I was playing monster hunter and my dog bumped the pc tower and it froze. So I do a hard shutdown and go to re boot when it goes straight into bios showing no bootable devices found. Mobo is an asus z490-p m.2 is a Samsung 980.
It’s the only drive I have installed and have been using it fine as a boot drive for months. I can’t figure out why it’s not appearing in bios and under NVME settings in bios it says “no NVME device found” how do I get my bootable back or am I screwed?

edit** I forgot to mention I also updated bios to newest still nothing.

Last edited:
So I was playing monster hunter and my dog bumped the pc tower and it froze. So I do a hard shutdown and go to re boot when it goes straight into bios showing no bootable devices found. Mobo is an asus z490-p m.2 is a Samsung 980.
It’s the only drive I have installed and have been using it fine as a boot drive for months. I can’t figure out why it’s not appearing in bios and under NVME settings in bios it says “no NVME device found” how do I get my bootable back or am I screwed?
Did you make sure the SSD was fully seated and secured into place your dog bumping the PC could have knocked the m.2 drive out of place

Jan 18, 2022
Did you make sure the SSD was fully seated and secured into place your dog bumping the PC could have knocked the m.2 drive out of place
Yeah, during my attempt to solve it I reseated it in the slot and when that still didn’t work I tried to move it to the second slot. (to no avail) so I put it back in the original one. Still not showing

Perhaps the disk is still intact and your just need a complete reinstall of windows. Have you tried thinking outside of the windows box? Drives generally only appear in bios if there's a bootable windows image; your windows installation may have been damaged beyond repair. You could try downloading either a gparted iso image and booting a usb with that to see if the drive is still there. Or you could try a linux distro iso image (e.g. linux mint mate) and see if the Disks and Gparted apps there show the disk.

https://gparted.org/download.php

https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=293