[SOLVED] Samsung 980 pro nvme m.2 found in bios but windows 10 cant detect it.

Nov 17, 2021
Hi
Hope you'll are well.
So I recently built my pc
cpu: amd ryzen 7 5800x
motherboard : Gigabyte B550 Aorus elite ax v2
ssd: Samsung 980 pro nvme 1Tb
ssd: Hp nvme 1tb

Recently I only purchased the samsung ssd but when the pc was build I installed it on the hp nvme gen 3, so I decided that it would be better for me to get the main drive to boot up from the samsung as its a better drive gen 4 but now when im trying to get windows to install on it, it cant detect the drive. In BIOS the drive is dected there but not when trying to insall windows.
Not sure if this the only problem or im going to be facing a mountain of problems before its solved any help would be appriciated.

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
This happened to me too when i put together my new rig with 2 Samsung 980 Pro's. Windows detected the first one with the OS but wouldn't detect the second one. I had to go into disk management and format the second one for it to show up. Just type "disk management" in your start menu search bar.

Hi
Hope you'll are well.
So I recently built my pc
cpu: amd ryzen 7 5800x
motherboard : Gigabyte B550 Aorus elite ax v2
ssd: Samsung 980 pro nvme 1Tb
ssd: Hp nvme 1tb

Recently I only purchased the samsung ssd but when the pc was build I installed it on the hp nvme gen 3, so I decided that it would be better for me to get the main drive to boot up from the samsung as its a better drive gen 4 but now when im trying to get windows to install on it, it cant detect the drive. In BIOS the drive is dected there but not when trying to insall windows.
Not sure if this the only problem or im going to be facing a mountain of problems before its solved any help would be appriciated.
Test both m.2 slots.

Nov 17, 2021
Oki so I understand what you'll mean. But my problem was I needed to get windows 10 to install on my gen 4 ssd the Samsung one. That's is why I couldn't get it to the pc to do anything. Anyways after reading many posts on this problem I tried the part where I need to manually download a new version for the motherboard which I did on a USB fat 32 format. Ran the update to the motherboard and there it was, that was the problem I needed to manually update BIOS to the motherboard then the new update picked up the gen 4 ssd. Windows also found the drive and windows 10 home installed.

TRENDING THREADS