[SOLVED] Samsung 990 pro

himedavito

Commendable
Jul 20, 2020
Looking for SSD for my new build everywhere people saying samsung has best M2 but did the issue with drastically health drop was fixed?
Don’t really wanna risk that much .
Tried to find reviews on WD SN850X health status but cannot find any . Does any one have or can tell will it be worth to put WD ssd than waiting for samsung to solve issue with health status drop ?
If u know alternative to 990 pro ssd wich is close or almost as good in performance as samsungs let me know

Solution
Looking for SSD for my new build everywhere people saying samsung has best M2 but did the issue with drastically health drop was fixed?
Tried to find reviews on WD SN850X health status but cannot find any . Does any one have or can tell will it be worth to put WD ssd than waiting for samsung to solve issue with health status drop ?
So get a 980 Pro.
I've been using a 950 Pro in this machine, and the Windows install has been up and running (across 3 board/cpu upgrades) and the install date is 2019. 4 years and it still shows as "Good" in Samsung Magician. I'm sure either the 970 Pro or 980 Pro would be wonderful.
Not sure yet thanks for your advice. Gonna compare WD SN850X to 980
If u know alternative to 990 pro ssd wich is close or almost as good in performance as samsungs let me know
Never heard of "Drastic health drops" , some drops are expected on all SSDs but if there's no errors in SMART table it's just a program's conjunction taking in account time used and/or number of bytes written to it. There my be some firmware updates to address any problems.

Reactions: himedavito

letmepicyou

Honorable
Mar 5, 2019
So get a 980 Pro.
I've been using a 950 Pro in this machine, and the Windows install has been up and running (across 3 board/cpu upgrades) and the install date is 2019. 4 years and it still shows as "Good" in Samsung Magician. I'm sure either the 970 Pro or 980 Pro would be wonderful.

Reactions: himedavito

himedavito

Commendable
Jul 20, 2020
So get a 980 Pro.
Not sure yet thanks for your advice. Gonna compare WD SN850X to 980

Solution