Samsung Acquires SSD Tech Developer Nvelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estix

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Anyone know how much IP NVelo had? I mean, for something like this, and for Samsung especially, the patent assets could be worth a lot more to them than the physical assets...

"Responding to increasing demands, Samsung is said to be investing between $3 to 4 billion in an Austin, Texas-based plant to upgrade chip-making production line facilities."
That in itself makes Samsung more American than a lot of local companies.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Nvelo's "SSD caching" systems utilized for speeding up retrieval of data in devices.
hahahahahah when i made the cursor hover over the link, i read "SSD caching" (in quotes) and i knew this was Zak. No one else could possibly do such a dumb thing.

I remember when he wrote "Advanced Encryption Standard", stating it as if it's something new.

erickmendes

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2012
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]hahahahahah when i made the cursor hover over the link, i read "SSD caching" (in quotes) and i knew this was Zak. No one else could possibly do such a dumb thing.I remember when he wrote "Advanced Encryption Standard", stating it as if it's something new.[/citation]

Or perhaps Tom's quoting them... uh?

On a side note... "This enterprise ad is provided to you by Tom's" ... ¬¬

G

Zak, seriously. Stop stealing lines straight from other reports. You write for a major site, and you copy-paste from other major sites as if nobody will notice. It's embarrassing not only for you, but the tech news writing industry in general. Respect your field, please.

Read this, then read the ZDNet post you aped this entire thing from: http://www.zdnet.com/samsung-acquires-storage-firm-nvelo-7000008878/

Status
Not open for further replies.