Samsung Announces 5-inch Galaxy Grand Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
No NFC support? And, this phone is more like a down-upgrade of the Samsung Galaxy S3, but better than the Samsung Galaxy S3 mini though. Think it's going to price between those two phones.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
So many phones just from Samsung.. Sure there's plenty of choice but for once I think this might be too much from just one company (since they share camera sensors and other various components).

Unless this is using a Cortex A-15 (Exynos 5) then I'm honestly not even remotely interested.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
This must be their way into the budget friendly phones. With those specs I do not see the phone being more than $400.00, or free with 2 yr agreement.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
I guess we know how much it will cost. Grand, Galaxy Grand. WVGA = 480 x 800 resolution @ 5". The problem is the GS3 mini is too expensive for not having the exact same specs as the GS3. Which means the Grand will likely be too expensive but will likely be offered for free when subsidized.

chase3567

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]So many phones just from Samsung.. Sure there's plenty of choice but for once I think this might be too much from just one company (since they share camera sensors and other various components).Unless this is using a Cortex A-15 (Exynos 5) then I'm honestly not even remotely interested.[/citation]
Not true as my Note 2 has better battery life than my S3 and I mean way better battery life. It has a quad core processor. Bigger phone bigger screen bigger battery. I can go almost two days without charging my phone and if I root it, then no telling how long the battery will go on.

chase3567

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
[citation][nom]chase3567[/nom]Not true as my Note 2 has better battery life than my S3 and I mean way better battery life. It has a quad core processor. Bigger phone bigger screen bigger battery. I can go almost two days without charging my phone and if I root it, then no telling how long the battery will go on.[/citation]
That was meant for ocaton72.

[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]A quad core processors in a phone is a complete waste. All it does is drain the battery for no performance boost. The reason why it doesn't have LTE is because of that stupid 5" screen which is going to suck the battery dry. Going to be a Grand failure.[/citation]
..Trollalalalala....

vkg1

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Haha, Apple so behind the times as usual. They'll be another 1.5 years from having a larger screen. I call Apple stock drops 50% this year. They deserve every bit of failure they experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.