Samsung Announces Exynos 4 Quad, Coming to Galaxy S III

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
can't wait to see benchmarks, perhaps since qualicom is having issues with thier s4 snapdragons some vendors like asus might consider trying this assumign samsung will offer it to other oems that is

leeashton

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]can't wait to see benchmarks, perhaps since qualicom is having issues with thier s4 snapdragons some vendors like asus might consider trying this assumign samsung will offer it to other oems that is[/citation]
Samsung still have a LONG way to go to get performance and efficiency like TI, TI have a 900MHz dual core processor that not only beats a 4 core Tegra 3 clocked at 1.7 GHZ its almost 4 times faster!

[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]In sane world one would do dual (single) core version of this chp, with half (quarter) of the power consumption.[/citation]

Power usage doesn't work like that. A dual core i3 with a 65w TDP compared to a quad core i7 with a 95w TDP. Guess what? Double the cores, roughly double the performance (assuming the clock frequencies are the same), but only a 50% higher TDP. Of course, TDP does not translate directly into power consumption, but even if you go buy actual power consumption, it still isn't double. This math is a lot more complex than cut the core count in half or in four and power usage scales identically.

[citation][nom]leeashton[/nom]Samsung still have a LONG way to go to get performance and efficiency like TI, TI have a 900MHz dual core processor that not only beats a 4 core Tegra 3 clocked at 1.7 GHZ its almost 4 times faster![/citation]

That TI CPU is based on Cortex A15, not A9. They are different architectures and Cortex A15 cores have far higher IPC than Cortex A9 cores. Also, I don't think that the difference between the Cortex A15 and the A9 is THAT high, so I'll have to ask for a link to where you got that information as I make a quick look through Google myself.

Also, Tegra 3 is not 1.7GHz and if I remember correctly, it's 1.3GHz or 1.2GHz with a small turbo that only reaches like one or two hundred MHz above it's base frequency.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Why the thumbs down on wanting a keyboard on a high end phone?? I can type faster on a keyboard than a touch screen, heck I might as well buy an ithingy if no keyboard .

Status
Not open for further replies.