Samsung Announces Galaxy Express 4G LTE Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]atmos[/nom]Super AMOLED PlusWhy does the SGS3 not have this?[/citation]
SGS3 is getting old nowadays; SGS4 is around the corner. To replace current models of SGS3 with an upgraded one would be a waste of resources.
I agree, though, flagship phones should have the latest and the greatest of everything, not skimp here and there while leading in other features. I expect their next flagship to have a gigantic battery, the best screen they ever made and a respectable sized storage, among other features. Nexus 4 is a great phone, but skimping on battery and storage were 2 letdowns I could not overlook.

atmos

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
SGS3 is getting old nowadays; SGS4 is around the corner. To replace current models of SGS3 with an upgraded one would be a waste of resources.
I agree, though, flagship phones should have the latest and the greatest of everything, not skimp here and there while leading in other features. I expect their next flagship to have a gigantic battery, the best screen they ever made and a respectable sized storage, among other features. Nexus 4 is a great phone, but skimping on battery and storage were 2 letdowns I could not overlook.

Yeah, I used to own an SGS2, which had a Super AMOLED Plus display, so there shouldn't be any excuse from samsung to not have included it in the SGS3.

But your right, it would be a waste of time to upgrade SGS3 all of a sudden now.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]atmos[/nom]Super AMOLED PlusWhy does the SGS3 not have this?[/citation]

Super AMOLED Plus still uses the classic subpixel arrangement. At the time Samsung was having issues increasing the resolution in AMOLED panels using the standard subpixel arrangement. This is why Pentile was used and the new display was called HD Super AMOLED as it let them scale their resolution better. Now they have the tech and knowledge and have broken that barrier... hence why the latest Note did not ship with Pentile. They do not need to use it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.