Samsung Announces Record Q4 Profits, 63M Phones Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkgx1

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
248
0
10,680
0
Wow. You gotta hand it to Samsung. They have been really agressive in competiting in the global scale and it has payed off handsomely. Keep it up!
 

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
1,128
0
19,360
38
7 Trillion? They can pay off the U.S. National debt.

I thought Apple and Google made a lot money.....but damn....Samsung is killing. Am I giving my money to the wrong company?
 

steve360

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
46
0
10,530
0
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]7 Trillion? They can pay off the U.S. National debt.I thought Apple and Google made a lot money.....but damn....Samsung is killing. Am I giving my money to the wrong company?[/citation]

7 trillion won NOT dollars.
 

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
284
0
18,790
1
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]7 Trillion? They can pay off the U.S. National debt.I thought Apple and Google made a lot money.....but damn....Samsung is killing. Am I giving my money to the wrong company?[/citation]

Thats won. Thats a little over 6 billion US dollars. So no, you would need about 2000 Samsungs to pay back the Us debt.
 

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
1,334
0
19,280
0
Not bad Congrats to them. I was almost wanted to buy their phones, but.....too bad it seems I am all nokia now. Those Nokia Lumia phone are just too amazing.
 

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
383
0
18,780
0
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Uh oh...you said something nice about Apple...here come the fanboys thumbing you down..lol re: my comment above..ha[/citation]
As you notice the current state of the votes is +2 for colson79's comment vs -7 for your first comment and -2 for your second comment. I guess this is because colson79 used a fact not taken out its context and made valid argument. You on other hand just made emotionally charged comments based on incoherent logic. So before you accuse everybody for been a fanboy, you should take long look in the mirror.
 

house70

Splendid
[citation][nom]SAL-e[/nom]As you notice the current state of the votes is +2 for colson79's comment vs -7 for your first comment and -2 for your second comment. I guess this is because colson79 used a fact not taken out its context and made valid argument. You on other hand just made emotionally charged comments based on incoherent logic. So before you accuse everybody for been a fanboy, you should take long look in the mirror.[/citation]
Ditto.
 

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
1,290
0
19,280
0
[citation][nom]colson79[/nom]Samsung made 6.6 billion dollars in Q4 while Apple made 13 Billion, I'm sure Samsung would like to be more like Apple.[/citation]
Actually Apple had a 8.2 billion dollars net profit at Q4 2012, not 13 billion. Still more than Samsung made, but Samsung is growing faster than Apple. Samsung profit increased 76% when compared to Q4 2011. Apple on the other hand increased 24%. If it keeps growing at this pace in a year it will have a profit larger than Apple.
 

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
4,822
0
22,780
0
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Sooooo let's see... Samsung is selling well over 100 different smartphone models that you can buy right now and they sold 63M units. Apple is selling 3 different models with various memory flavors and sold 48M units in 4Q. Yeah....moving on.[/citation]
Your point being? Thank you for noticing that Apple sold less and Samsung offer people choice. Well spotted
 

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
4,822
0
22,780
0
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Actually Apple had a 8.2 billion dollars net profit at Q4 2012, not 13 billion.[/citation]
Is the 13 billion operating or gross profit? Still counts as a fact as long as it is specified, wasn't though but links would be nice
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY