Samsung Ativ Book 7 (2013) is something broken?? Renders webpages and overall performance SLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhw33t

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Hey all,

Just wanted some opinions on what's going on with my laptop.

I have a Samsung ativ book 7,

Type: Ultrabook
Processor Name: Intel Core i5-3337U
Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8
RAM: 4 GB
Storage Capacity: 128 GB SSD
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Main problem is that any web browser I use, internet explorer or chrome is INCREDIBLY slow at rendering webpages...any ideas as to what the problem is? For example, loading google's home page takes about 7-10 seconds... and it keeps saying something like had to "stop running script". Also basic user interface functions are just slow to respond. Such as exiting out of a browser. The user interface will freeze randomly at times and the only way to solve the issue is to restart...

I've been thinking about upgrading the SSD and RAM but would that I don't know if there's any correlation between the upgrade and all the problems I am having.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

That could be the reason for it. SSD's slow down when they are close to being full like hard drives do. Try uninstalling unnecessary software or personal files like videos and images that take up a lot of space.

Also you could try using firefox as it is a good browser for low end laptops as it doesn't use much power or resources as chrome.

suhw33t

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
No dice with Firefox.

if I decided to just upgrade the SSD and RAM, would it be better to do a clean install or do you think cloning the hard drive would make the problem persist?...

Status
Not open for further replies.