Samsung Becomes Worldwide Cell Phone Market Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol! of course this would come out the day I am planning on picking up my lumia 920.

Anywho, good on Sammy! I was very much considering getting an S3 as it is a nearly perfect device for me on the hardware side. The only things that won me over to Nokia this go around was the camera, and WP8. I love the idea of Android, but in actual use I find WP8 to be much simpler to setup and use, and while I love to tinker on my desktop setup I simply want my phone to do x, y, and z with as little work as possible. If sammy got their WP8 device out then I would probably be buying a Sammy phone instead of a Nokia.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]hardcore_gamer[/nom]Thanks to slave labor[/citation]

Samsung uses the same labor, but Apple has forced FOXCONN to actually raises wages, what has Samsung pushed FOXCONN to do?

G

Congratulations! All they had to do was steal their designs from Apple and then give their phones away for free.

What an accomplishment!

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
[citation][nom]wepo2211[/nom]Congratulations! All they had to do was steal their designs from Apple and then give their phones away for free. What an accomplishment![/citation]
Despite their claims of being an innovator, Apple did steal quite a few things from the competition as well... For the "give their phones away for free"... pardon ? Samsung is as expensive as Apple for the high-end. Of course they have loads of cheap (and crappy) Android phones and feature phones which make the most of their volume in units (but with a minimal revenue !!!). But samsung is not cheap.

[citation][nom]wepo2211[/nom]Congratulations! All they had to do was steal their designs from Apple and then give their phones away for free. What an accomplishment![/citation]
Yeah, because everyone can see that their best sellers (SGS3 and Note2) are identical to whatever Apple puts out....
/sarcasm

G

Still using my 5 year old Nokia 5310... maybe my next one will be a samsung!

but I need the unbreakable display, I have a cat that loves to throw phones to the floor :)

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]Samsung uses the same labor, but Apple has forced FOXCONN to actually raises wages, what has Samsung pushed FOXCONN to do?[/citation]

That was Apple's fault, not Samsung's, Apple decided to switch to Foxconn.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]But Apple makes the most profit.[/citation]

[citation][nom]hardcore_gamer[/nom]Thanks to slave labor[/citation]

[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]Samsung uses the same labor, but Apple has forced FOXCONN to actually raises wages, what has Samsung pushed FOXCONN to do?[/citation]

[citation][nom]jay_nar2012[/nom]That was Apple's fault, not Samsung's, Apple decided to switch to Foxconn.[/citation]

What are you talking about? They BOTH use FOXCONN, so if someone is criticizing Apple for using FOXCONN and not Samsung then they're full of B.S. because almost every large computer and electronic company in the world uses FOXCONN.

All I pointed out was at least Apple pushed for higher wages, what has Samsung done? I never said it was Samsung's fault, all I am saying is at least 1 company (Apple) is trying to push for better standards for FOXCONN workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS