Samsung Begins Shipping NAND From New Pyeongtaek Fab

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvalidError

Titan

Demand is still increasing and the backlog isn't going to shrink much from having one more fab in play, so I wouldn't count on that too much on prices dropping in the foreseeable future. An extra fab might stabilize them at most.

Ditt44

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Saber rattling is good for business. Once the tech puppet masters figure out how to leverage regional strife like the oil cabals, tech prices are going to be all over the place. Any time China or the US sneezes in the other's direction, we'll see spikes. A wacky North Korea only adds to the equation which will soon enough equal higher prices for all South Korean tech. I can't believe it's taken so long for them to figure this out.

Consumers will only take so much in the way of tech price increases. Then they will speak (or not speak) with their wallets.
Besides there is a big difference between jacking up your prices trying to leverage the fear in people and not being able to sell anything because your plants have all been blown up, which is what I was referring to.

Spock_rhp

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012
What's the point of more NAND or less NAND when you can't get a decent GPU at any price you can afford? I'll not be buying any memory at all until I can afford a GPU again and thus build a new box.

Status
Not open for further replies.