Samsung C24FG73 pixel problem

-Arke-

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
I have been giving some tries to some monitors, and, after having a bunch of them with intense backlight, finally decided to keep the one I am using now, a Samsun C24FG73. Still, I cannot stop noticing sometimes this kind of squares, just as if I could see the lines between pixels.
0sJPLir.jpg]

8sg1Xzq.jpg

EwL5z8Q.jpg

I was wondering if this is supposed to be normal and I am supposed to get used to it till I no longer can see it. I was using a 27" 2K display previously, but decided to come back to 24" since I find it more comfortable for non-gaming purposes... but I cannot stop seing it. I've read some complains about text not being so clear in cf70 and cf73 because the kind of pixel this screen uses, but couldn't find any specific information about that.

Is that a mistake and should I ask a return? Or this is how it "should" to be?

Thanks in advance :)

Maybe the display's sharpness is too high. Have you used something like http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ to calibrate your display?

You may be seeing the screendoor effect because of your proximity to the monitor.

-Arke-

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015

Didn't try yet! I'm gonna check how it goes, thanks for the advice ^^

You're welcome:)

You're welcome:)

-Arke-

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015

Nah, been trying and to get them out of sight, sharpness had to be like really, really low. I couldn't see anything at that point. It feels as if not all the pixels in the same zone were the same color (for example, the background in Tom's Hardware is monochrome, but I still see this strips.

I contacted Samsung support via Twitter pm, but they just ignored me. Meh :(