Question Samsung c32jg5x hdmi 2.1 problems

johnykaravgoustis

Reputable
Nov 21, 2017
I use hdmi 2.1 so i can use the 144hz the monitor offers (plugged in hdmi2 port). Everytime i knock the cable from either ends conection is lost (signal is lost and it just flickers-black screens on a loop) and the only way to make it work again is reboot. I plugged it in hdmi1 port then rebooted and it worked fine while touching the cable or knocking it over. Then without shutting down the computer i plugged it at the hdmi2 port and nothing happened when i touched or knocked the cable but the monitor was capped at 60hz (from nvidia control panel). Then i rebooted with the cable plugged at the hdmi2 port and whenever i touched it, it would lose signal all over again. Last time it lost signal i changed cables while the pc was still on to an old hdmi cable (not capable of 144hz) to hdmi1 and it still wouldnt give me signal. So i came to the conclusion it must be a software problem especially with the 144hz option since all cables work flawlessly at hdmi1 capped at 60hz. Then i rebooted and everything was ok like i mentioned before. Does anybody know anything? It's really annoying having to reboot everytime this happens!

johnykaravgoustis

Reputable
Nov 21, 2017
Later i plugged in the cable at hdmi 2 port changed manually to 60hz clicked apply and pressed ok so it wouldnt turn back to 144hz after 20s, then i plugged off the hdmi from the gpu and plugged it back in no problems, when i did the same thing for 100,120,144hz it would lose signal but i didnt click ok so it would go back to 60hz after 20s and when it went back to 60hz everything was fine like mentioned before