Samsung C34F791 vs Alienware AW34 which one to get?

Karmazyn83

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013
Hi,

Which one do you believe is a better monitor for gaming? I watch movies occasionally on PC monitor but it would not be a deal breaker for me.

Alieneware AW34 is at max of my budget. As much as I would love new 35 inch Asus monitor nobody knows when it will be released and what the price might be these are my choices.

I have GTX 1080 so it should be enough for AW34 or Samsung C34FT91.

Thank you for your help.

Mar 7, 2018
Go for the samsung for two reasons:
1: If you were to upgrade to a dual monitor setup then you could get the second monitor for cheam and they would match.
2: You could upgrade some parts like memory or storage rather than fishing out for the alienware.

Karmazyn83

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013

Running two ultrawide monitors side by side would be magical....interesting idea. Hmmm the more I think about it I would need three displays really (will never have enough cash for a set up like this), otherwise I would be oddly positioned with center of my vision at the merging point of two monitors.
I will be building my next PC when Volta is out. I am still happy with w my PC that is why I want to upgrade display. I have neglected upgrading display for far too long. 27" 1080p 144Hz TN monitor wont do anymore.

Which one you think would be more futureproof. I would like to keep it for 3-4 years.