Question Samsung CHG70 32' - Problems with firmware update ? Looking for monitor suggestions

Temsona

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
Hello everyone,I'm looking into buying this monitor,my new pc specs are following:
Gigabyte Z390 Ultra
RTX 2080 Asus ROG OC
9700k + be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
16GB DDR4 G.Skill 3200
Samsung 970 Evo + 4TB HDD
Corsair RM850x (2018 edition) + be quiet silent base 800

I've read that some people on Samsung forum have problems updating firmware of 32' version of this monitor,because after update,windows recognizes it as 27' model,hdr goes off and also led circle behind + monitor goes very hot.

Thing is I need it to be g-sync compatible since I own rtx 2080,can some owners of chg70 32' confirm that freesync on this monitor works perfectly with nvidia gpu-s?,especially rtx 2080/2080ti series? Thanks in advance.

I'm also open to another monitor suggestions,but since in my country is very limited choice,one of best solutions is this monitor,I can test it how I want in the shop + I get 3 year guaranty...

P.S I have desk of 80x140cm and distance between monitor and eye balls is approx 3-3.5 feet

WyldeStile

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
So nobody can confirm that freesync works with rtx gpu-s on this monitor?
I just ordered it so I'll let you know toward the end of the week. As far as the update issue, it seems as if people are using the firmware for the 27" instead of the 32". There is/was newer firmware for the 27" but not the 32".

Temsona

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
I just ordered it so I'll let you know toward the end of the week. As far as the update issue, it seems as if people are using the firmware for the 27" instead of the 32". There is/was newer firmware for the 27" but not the 32".

I'm still hesitating buying this monitor or not... Please answer with a little review about it...
How is 32' for gaming,are you effected with PWM and also how is text reading on this monitor + g.sync compatibility ! Thanks i advance

TRENDING THREADS