[SOLVED] Samsung Chg90 upgrade?

King Wesley

Honorable
Jul 19, 2014
So I know Samsung had released the odyssey line(I’d be going for the G9) but as far as I know they had issues and were recalled. I really love my chg90 and can’t imagine ever going back to a more standard size monitor. But I have a pretty beefy system so it’d be nice to have a higher refresh rate and resolution than 1080p. Does anyone have a G9 and love it? Or any recommendations for a good upgrade/ news of something else coming soon that I could shoot for?

Nov 5, 2020
I have the G9 and I can tell you it is Mind-blowing. Though unless you are ready to turn down the settings it can be a bit soul crushing on performance at this resolution. However my experience has been a mixed bag. I cant get 240hz to work at all in anything but the desk top, but since nothing I am playing at this resolution runs anywhere near that I guess I am ok. In RDR2 I can only hit a stable 60 at custom settings and to get that I have to upscale the resolution a bit. Keep in mind you are going from 1080 to 1440 and with this wide of an aspect there is a lot more for the game to render at once so the performance hit is pretty large. I don't know if I would recommend this product though. These monitors have had quality control issues and it seems a lot of people have had to RMA their monitor. I love mine and from those who have a working one we all agree it is a dream. So it is up to you if you want to roll the dice or not.

TRENDING THREADS