Samsung Chromebook 2 vs Surface 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joongi Baek

Honorable
Dec 7, 2014
I will use my 2nd computer for taking memos, websurfing, checking emails and connecting to my pc using remote desktop. I will use the chrome remote desktop to remote connect my pc. Also I will take my 2nd computer when going outside.

I have not used a Chromebook but I do have a Surface 3. The Surface 3 with keyboard and pen is a brilliant but expensive setup, very light yet runs very fast and responsive. The big plus obviously is it runs full Windows so as long as you have SSD space you can run virtually any Windows program. I do have the 128gb version which also has 4gb RAM. The 64gb version apparently has under 30gb on the SSD because of the OS and I have seen mine often using more than 2gb RAM.

If I broke my Surface 3 I wouldn't think twice about buying another, I like it that much

santaman217

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
Personally I would recommend a surface 3 as productivity and not taking is probably one of the best features of the surface 3. There is a button on the back of the stylus that instantly launches oneNote and opens a new document; even if the device is asleep. The stylus is also pressure sensitive. The keyboard is the work of the Gods and if you use an OTG adapter on the micro-usb slot then you can have two usb ports. Battery life combined with a lightweight and well sized tablet/laptop (tabtop?) means its great for business meetings and general day to day things. Although do be warned that can't literally use it on top of your lap as the kickstand while good and firm is uncomfortable to use on your lap and can slip a lot and fall to the ground.

Both machines are good for you needs but the surface 3 is the winner as it has the pen. If you like using it then this is the one for you. Otherwise the samsung can do the job just as well but you will have you use the keyboard rather than the pen.

Also another thing to bear in mind is that the surface has a better res screen than the samsung. This will make a difference when surfing the web or taking notes as you don't have to scroll as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS