Samsung Confirms 2013 Launch For Tizen Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
diffrence is this gonna make?? They should just focus on the hardware where they excelled. Btw, ex Wave 2 user here.....was a good option when it was launched due to price/performance at that time....comes Wave 3....absolutely no value due to the mass powerful mid-range Android phones...

Unless it is priced like a Galaxy Young and perform like an S3, there's absolutely no reason to buy another 'try me out' OS with no apps.

ruel24

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Seriously, Tizen looks like a good idea. With Bada, it'll run 100% of all Android apps with similar responsiveness (according to Open Mobile, who is responsible for the ACL) and it unties Samsung from Google. However, neither Samsung nor Intel have a history of producing good software. I really would have liked them to incorporate KDE Plasma Active UI in the mix.

http://youtu.be/ulcizzAj-N4

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
@"oh it got no apps" guy, it can run Android apps.

Apple is not enough a competitor, so Google might get Intelish, good to see someone is trying to create alternative OSes, especially when they try to stick to existing standards (in Tizen's case, web)

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]@"oh it got no apps" guy, it can run Android apps.Apple is not enough a competitor, so Google might get Intelish, good to see someone is trying to create alternative OSes, especially when they try to stick to existing standards (in Tizen's case, web)[/citation]

So can Sailfish, doesn't mean they'll get apps though. I also hate the focus HTML 5 is getting; I don't like the idea of wasting power needlessly on a hand-held, and a good designer would redesign the GUI to fit the platform anyways.

Not only has to be able to run Android apps natively, has to be attractive enough for devs to come up with a simple way to install GPlay market on it. In that case, it will catch on.

TheRealArtlover

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]
[citation]First Linux-based handsets were revealed last year.[/citation]
Yes, Zak, because Android isn't Linux based, is it now?My god, who hired this guy?[/citation]
Hell, forget Android... Phones have been running Linux since at least 2003. I think the Motorola A760 was one of the earlier ones.

Who hired this guy indeed. But hey, better 10 years late than never I suppose.....

Status
Not open for further replies.