Samsung Confirms Ativ S 2012 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookie

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
[citation][nom]shine8210[/nom]When do we get 2gb´s of RAM? Samsung step your game up and show me what your working with![/citation]

Yea we do need 2Gb, especially for phones running any OS made by Microsoft

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]rpmrush[/nom]It's just a ram neutered GS3 running WIN8. Old hardware touted as a new phone. Shame..shame Samsung..smdh[/citation]
How can it be a GS3 if they use a different SoC? Also I didn't knew that the GS3 was old hardware.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]shine8210[/nom]When do we get 2gb´s of RAM? Samsung step your game up and show me what your working with![/citation]
Galaxy Note II has 2GB ram.... and also the Galaxy S3 with dual core krait on US carriers.

[citation][nom]260511[/nom]god, you are thick, get your head out of the sand, wp phones are known to be very light on resource, that's why they have generally lower hardware specs than the competition, because the system is highly optimized, even a single core wp7.5 are very responsive and fluent compared to lets say a quadcore android. you obviously have never used any windows phones, comparatively, android phones are very resource heavy and hardware dependent.[/citation]
And you've obviously never used a quad-core Android phone, if you're calling them unresponsive.

See? Mindless generalization is fun!

rpmrush

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
It is outdated hardware. The next crop of phones that are releasing have quad core and 1080p screens. I don't mind that it only has 1 GB and the dual S4 works well, but if you're releasing a new phone..keep up. This is a GS3 to the T. Only difference is name and that it will run WIN8 and have 1GB less ram. Yes the GS3 is outdated. It's going for substantionally reduced to free price to make way for the new crop that's coming in---> Optimus G..Droid DNA

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
[citation][nom]rpmrush[/nom]It is outdated hardware. The next crop of phones that are releasing have quad core and 1080p screens. I don't mind that it only has 1 GB and the dual S4 works well, but if you're releasing a new phone..keep up. This is a GS3 to the T. Only difference is name and that it will run WIN8 and have 1GB less ram. Yes the GS3 is outdated. It's going for substantionally reduced to free price to make way for the new crop that's coming in---> Optimus G..Droid DNA[/citation]

Really? where are these drastically lowered prices? I only see it at around the $600-$800 price range.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Maybe WP 8 doesn't need gigabytes of RAM. Just like most of us don't need more than 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS