Samsung Confirms Galaxy S4, Won't Launch Before May

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
drool. If it is the same sized screen but that form factor (tighter bezel, thick edges) i will be ready to give my left leg for it...

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
My wife's S2 is up for renewal in July. This may be the winner. It will most likely be faster than my note 2. I hope they go non pentile display like the note 2. My wife went from a iphone 4 to an S2. Samsung has some happy happy customers here.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]juuh[/nom]Now... give it a REAL keyboard and a good camera. Don't care about the "thin factor".[/citation]

There are plenty of other phones with a real keyboard, and good camera?

The S3's is easily up there with the iPhone 5, never mind the S4's camera. And if you don't care about the thin factor then why do you want to change a line of phones that have always been that way?

There are OTHER lines, you do realize that right?

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
It would really be nice if it had an 8000mah battery and 2 x micro SDXC card slots....... this phone will be running android 4.x so in theory it can recognize 2TB of storage (Per card). Since 2TB micro SDXC cards to not exist (for the consumer). I want to put 2 x 64gb or 2x 128gb cards in my phone.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Just what I've always wanted...a giant iPhone not made by Apple.[/citation]

You lookin for trouble here. Remember TH habor's iHaters, US car brand haters, and Samsheep. Prepare for thumbs down. Though I believe it is all the same guy with multiple accounts...lol. ;)

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]nitto555rchallenger[/nom]Hmmm 2 cameras on the back. Does anyone fine this interesting?[/citation]

Just a rendering but def a 3D setup. That would be interesting addition.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]juuh[/nom]Now... give it a REAL keyboard and a good camera. Don't care about the "thin factor".[/citation]You mean a "physical" keyboard? I used to say the same thing, but using Swype on my S3 is amazing. Look to another model if you must have a hardware KB. IMO though, with these big screens there is absolutely no need for it.

[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]You mean a "physical" keyboard? I used to say the same thing, but using Swype on my S3 is amazing. Look to another model if you must have a hardware KB. IMO though, with these big screens there is absolutely no need for it.[/citation]
I got a Galaxy S model with a physical keyboard. Swype has replaced it for texts and emails. But when I fire up a ssh session, it insists on autocorrecting all the unix commands I type into English gibberish. That's when I pop out the physical keyboard.

Different people, different needs.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
what i find odd if those are in fact 2 cameras for 3-d pictures then why are they side by side in portrait i thouhgt you wanted the camera lenses side by side in lansdscape, my understanding for 3d imaging was that lenses on top and bottom didn't give as good results as side by side

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Solandri[/nom]I got a Galaxy S model with a physical keyboard. Swype has replaced it for texts and emails. But when I fire up a ssh session, it insists on autocorrecting all the unix commands I type into English gibberish. That's when I pop out the physical keyboard.Different people, different needs.[/citation]Uncheck autocorrect in options. Just sayin'.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]Norlag[/nom]Where are the home and back buttons?[/citation]

Like newer tablets, it's integrated into the bottom of the screen interface itself.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]juuh[/nom]Now... give it a REAL keyboard and a good camera. Don't care about the "thin factor".[/citation]

Yeah, let's take a perfectly successful phone line and walk it back about 8 years; that'll improve it. Dude, just get a different phone, or turn off auto correction. Physical keyboards are for RIM withdrawals, and people stuck on old tech.

G

Waiting on any news of the Note 3 and a time frame for release. Want to upgrade my Note 1. The 2 isnt worth it but the 3 will certainly be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS