Samsung Confirms Tizen Phones are Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Well at least Tizen is an open-source, Linux based operating system. I'm all for more competition if they can innovate while providing an open platform. Innovation is going to be key though. An Android clone with Samsung's B list copies of Google Apps is not going to impress very many people.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Tizen will be complete trash like Bada. Samsung cannot write good software.
If they flip their OS for mobile and tablets to Tizen, time to short Samsung stock big time.

ChillsandThrills

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014

Someone who trashes a new product before they have experienced it shows they have nothing to add to the conversation. I welcome a new OS. I want many more. Linux shall rule them all!

Sep 30, 2013

Someone who trashes a new product before they have experienced it shows they have nothing to add to the conversation. I welcome a new OS. I want many more. Linux shall rule them all!
But it already do. The desktop kinda died before Linux got a grip on it. It rule the rest though (and yeah, the desktop isn't completely dead.)

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

You and the other 5 people who up-voted your silly little comment are typical Samsung fans that blindly think what Samsung makes is some how amazing and special.

First off Tizen versions have been around and its highly unimpressive.

https://www.tizen.org/

Secondly, Samsung has a history of really bad Operating Systems and software in general compared to the market

Third, I hope they have the balls to replace their products lines with their "innovation" because the company will lose billions in marketvalue and revenues. They're greatest success is using Android and they'll learn a hard lesson that their alternative is junk.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I was quite pessimistic about Tizen when it started, and for some time after that, but now I'm slowly getting a bit excited, if for nothing else than bringing more competition to the mobile space, and perhaps, more awareness and polish to cross-platform developer tools. I wish operating systems would compete on their own merits, and not on the merits of the app market they are tied to.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I'm sorry this is a stupid move. What gain does Samsung have in creating yet another ecosystem developers will need to write apps. Poor investment IMHO.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

Analysis? There is nothing to analyze! You are the one spouting off with drivel and empty posts. I welcome anything new! When it arrives, then and only then will I analyze it. You on the other hand, an apple fanatic, reflexively attack anything without an apple logo and you do it oh so poorly.

I must repeat myself, Tizen has been around already. It's unimpressive and will gain no traction. It will fall into the abyss of what is Bada and other horrible attempts of mobile OS. Part of the death of this OS will be its lack of Apps.

It is not my fault A) you don't know history and B) you can not extrapolate market trends.

ChillsandThrills

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
I must repeat myself, Tizen has been around already. It's unimpressive and will gain no traction. It will fall into the abyss of what is Bada and other horrible attempts of mobile OS. Part of the death of this OS will be its lack of Apps.

It is not my fault A) you don't know history and B) you can not extrapolate market trends.

1. You offer no analysis.
2. You only state unimpressive but that is based on what? Short empty articles that are a couple of years old?
3. You have not tried and probably know very little about it since you cannot offer anything other than using a single word (unimpressive).
4. I want to see many operating systems unlike you who follow Apple like it is a religion.
5. As for the apps, Tizen will be able to run the same html apps that android runs AS WELL AS android apps through the use of a third party. Not to mention rewriting the apps would be easy and quick thus removing the need for a third p[arty app.
6. run along now

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

1. You offer no analysis.
2. You only state unimpressive but that is based on what? Short empty articles that are a couple of years old?
3. You have not tried and probably know very little about it since you cannot offer anything other than using a single word (unimpressive).
4. I want to see many operating systems unlike you who follow Apple like it is a religion.
5. As for the apps, Tizen will be able to run the same html apps that android runs AS WELL AS android apps through the use of a third party. Not to mention rewriting the apps would be easy and quick thus removing the need for a third p[arty app.
6. run along now

Do you even know how many companies have abandoned HTML app development?

*cough* *cough* Facebook as admitted it was their single biggest mistake in mobile.
Also companies do not rewrite their apps as casually as you think. Thus the void of apps on Windows and Blackberry.

Plus, lack of apps is but one contributing factor to why it will fail, you cease to understand the bigger picture and the market...

Sorry little child that you missed recess to make your silly little response.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I'm sorry this is a stupid move. What gain does Samsung have in creating yet another ecosystem developers will need to write apps. Poor investment IMHO.

The average price for smartphones is dropping, while Android is very much tied to Google's content offerings. I'm guessing Samsung wants a platform where they can dominate the content.

Eliminati

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
I will always have at least one iPad and at least one Android phone in my family due to the amount of high quality paid apps I have. The iPad is a given just for the games. I have a PS4, Wii U, 3DS XL, and a Steam account on a 780ti, but I still play my iPad for a variety of very good games.

I absolutely love my Note 3, but I would ditch Samsung in a heartbeat if it left Android. Absolutely without hesitation. I would probably go with HTC or a Nexus variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.