Samsung Cooking Up a 7-inch AMOLED Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i sence my next phone having this display, here's hioping somebody will release it as a 7 inch phone instead of just a tablet pc :D .. and even better is hp makes it running webos :D

exodite

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]Why not just make it 1280x720 and therefore 720p.....I consider that a fail on their part personally[/citation]
^A thousand times this.

So close yet so far away.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
The problem is that thanks to the RBGB arrangement of the subpixels, a pixel density any lower than what they currently do for the 4" display on the galaxy s will look like utter trash. IMO it is already borderline unacceptable compared to the incredible LCD screens used by other phones, but my eyesight is probably more resolute than most. I will be interested to see how the 7" version looks but i am not holding out hope. They need to bite the bullet and do RGB squares like LCD screens, or the AMOLED revolution will derail.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Yay? So will it actually cost something reasonable next time too?

Did Samsung just not realize that the iPad IS OVERPRICED, so to release something AS MUCH AS it, is OVERPRICED?

It sucks because I want to get really excited about this, but I'm not putting down $500-$600 on a Tablet no matter what.

I just bought an Archos 70, which is almost as good as the Galaxy Tab with the marketplace hack, for $253 shipped...

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]Yay? So will it actually cost something reasonable next time too?Did Samsung just not realize that the iPad IS OVERPRICED, so to release something AS MUCH AS it, is OVERPRICED?It sucks because I want to get really excited about this, but I'm not putting down $500-$600 on a Tablet no matter what.I just bought an Archos 70, which is almost as good as the Galaxy Tab with the marketplace hack, for $253 shipped...[/citation]

Overpriced, yet its selling.

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
[citation][nom]rbarone69[/nom]Cant wait for OLED to become more mainstream so costs will come down. Also wondering if Apple will ever run OLED in their phones. The contrast is wonderful.Interesting OLED ink article: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel [...] 14508.html[/citation]

bet they will stick with their RETINA shit

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]Did Samsung just not realize that the iPad IS OVERPRICED, so to release something AS MUCH AS it, is OVERPRICED?[/citation]

Sure they did, however they also realized that consumers are stupid and are paying that much anyway.

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Now you got my attention. The screen on the Galaxy S makes it the number one smartphone period, surpassing any other features you may want to add.

Now a table with OLED will make it thinner and lighter to the point that they may want to add a few lead weights (the Galaxy S feels like a toy it is so light).

I still feel that my Galaxy S does anything I would want to do with the 7" Galaxy tab. However, throw in the next version of Ubuntu ( the one optimized for touch screen), and I may not be able to resist the temptation. After all, I may be able to come up with uses for it.

alchemy69

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]kelemvor4[/nom]Call me when the 65" amoled tv's come out and are about $1000.[/citation]

Why would you want a touch-screen tv?

anarchy4sale

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2008
[citation][nom]dEAne[/nom]Amoled does not look good under the sun.[/citation]

Super Amoled, which is what this article is about, do look good under sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.