Samsung Copied Some of iPhone's Features, Court Reaffirms

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
"To add insult to injury, the verdict was delivered through a single line by the justices in the judgment."

Thanks for making me do a search somewhere else... *eye roll*

GrizzledGeezer

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
"According to Samsung, the Federal Circuit has made it “virtually impossible to invalidate even the most trivial patents.”

I've been saying this for years. Patent examiners grant patents to even the most obvious and trivial things, the best example of which is the intermittent-wiper design that uses a simple relaxation oscillator -- the very first thing any competent engineer would think of. The principles of "originality" and "non-obviousness" don't seem to mean anything to them.

austintx1985

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017

This is why patent trolls are so successful. Used to, before a patent was granted, a subject matter expert had to look it over and determine if it was truly deserving of a patent. Now, patent examiners have only limited knowledge. Granted, they do have knowledge about many different things, but not very much in depth knowledge, especially when it comes to more technical things. Sadly, this will probably continue until either the courts get tired of this all and force change through law, or Congress finally gets their act together and changes it. Not holding my breath for either at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.