Samsung Dead HDD

Andreas Schmidt

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Hello i had a problem with BSOD I recover my files and I connect hdd to my laptop,with digitus sata ide adapter. I open mini tool partition wizard. and showed me 1600gb hdd is 1000gb ,but before i connect to laptop hdd worked. now my pc not recognize hard drive is good whirl good no tick sound could be pcb problem ? ups in startup hdd vibrate for 3 second then normally work .......any idea how to get back in life :)

Thanks you

Andreas Schmidt

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

Yes spining and no tick sound .but windows and bios does not recognize ....... i had problem then i recover files. and i was want to connect in laptop like external for formating to create partition. and then when i plug it back to windows not work

Andreas Schmidt

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

Yes is working on windows 7 i use it every day. i have test it many different way but no luck. i dont have idea why is broken. i have recover it all partition worked fine.

Those external connections, especially for IDE drives, have lots of issues. I used a few of them and they fail to work more than half the time. You may need to set the master/slave on the drive to master (check the documentation for the device). If you read over the documentation, try the IDE drive internally in a computer with a regular cable to the motherboard as a secondary drive.

I've had a lot more success with full docking stations for drives like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817707266 but they are pricy compared to just a cable.

Andreas Schmidt

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

I never had problem with this digitus adapter. i have try on motherboard nothing show, and is sata drive not ide. what u mean master slave.

Andreas Schmidt

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

I click by mistake on best solution :D samsung hd103sj

Andreas Schmidt

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

i have test it before 4 day with sea tool but not recognize , and the thread on forum is not for me, the bios does not recognize, if bios recognized i will fix it in any way. i also pluged in in another pc but not recognize ,i dont know why happend this. any way thanks you, this week will arrive new hdd. there is no solution

Andreas Schmidt

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

After bluescreen hdd still worked recognized well on bios and with active bootcd, i recover all partitions :) then i finish recovering, and i plug it hdd to laptop to format and create partition with mini tool partition wizard ,but minitool showed me 1600GB of space, i unplug it and i connect again on desktop pc then not recognized. that is. thanks

Szyrs

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2013
You are the second user in the past 24hrs who has used this software and lost their hard drive as a result. I strongly suggest that you use the partition manager included in your OS or one of the other partition managers that actually have a high reputation.

Andreas Schmidt

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

Thread is opened in 7 march :) thanks for info

TRENDING THREADS