Question Samsung Evo 250 - Health drop

giffmetango

Reputable
Aug 25, 2019
Samsung_SSD_850_EVO_250GB_S2R4NX0H501953W_EMT02B6Q_SMART_177_Wear Leveling Count

07/1/2019 - 88%
08/1/ - 87%
09/3/ - 86%
11/4/ - 85%
31/4 - 84%
16/7 - 83%

it's normal ? because ssd recently temp is increased from 38-40, now is 42-45

Thank

Lutfij

Titan
To call anything normal or abnormal, we're going to have to need you to look at all the processes at/during startup. If you have a lot of apps running in the background writing and retrieving data from the SSD, you can see health numbers drop.

Might want to see if you're pending any firmware updates for your SSD.

Within your power options, definitely disable hibernate by setting behavior of power off button to actually do a shutdown....

Which program is doing this 'wear leveling' health monitoring? (I can't find any such 'wear level indicator' in Samsung Magician or CrystalDiskInfo...

giffmetango

Reputable
Aug 25, 2019
To call anything normal or abnormal, we're going to have to need you to look at all the processes at/during startup. If you have a lot of apps running in the background writing and retrieving data from the SSD, you can see health numbers drop.

Might want to see if you're pending any firmware updates for your SSD.

only 4 apps startup
windows security
dell display
scptoolkit
backup tool

and some services, nvidia, apache,msi ,adobe,glasswire,.... but i think the problem is put computer into sleep mode even when Memory usage is pretty high, 10-20GB

If hibernate is enabled, and if your setup has a large amount of system RAM, then this may account for the huge number of writes.

oh yes, i'm forgot about that hybrid feature, i'm using almost 16-20GB ram, then let computer sleep regularly

so when power is outage, opened windowed/software will open in next power on

Within your power options, definitely disable hibernate by setting behavior of power off button to actually do a shutdown....

Which program is doing this 'wear leveling' health monitoring? (I can't find any such 'wear level indicator' in Samsung Magician or CrystalDiskInfo...
hardisk sentinel for monitoring health