Question Samsung EVO 970 1TB

Jul 18, 2019
Hello All,

I recently purchased a Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD. When I installed it onto my ASUS X99 Deluxe U3.1 Mobo, the bios detected it as a 1TB.
After I installed Windows it now sees it as a 250GB. Not sure what happened. I tried to update the firmware via the ISO file.

Rebooted my PC put the thumb drive and turned it on... It detect see any SSD for firmware upgrading.

Anything I can do? Should I contact Samsung?

Thanks,

Steve

Did you "install" Windows, as in, a CLEAN install, or did you clone your old drive to the new one?

Did you do a CLEAN install, as outlined here, EXACTLY as outlined here, with ALL other drives disconnected except the target drive and the drive you were installing FROM?

Jul 18, 2019
Did you "install" Windows, as in, a CLEAN install, or did you clone your old drive to the new one?

Did you do a CLEAN install, as outlined here, EXACTLY as outlined here, with ALL other drives disconnected except the target drive and the drive you were installing FROM?

Yes I did.
It's wierd because it first install the bios showed 1TB.

When I got to the windows install window where it displays the hard drive it showed it as 250GB, so I cancelled install and went back in the bios.
In the bios it now showed 250GB!

WTF. Wierd **

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my guess would be that it IS a 250GB drive, and you got bamboozled. As mentioned, if you have Windows installed on this drive then a screenshot of the disk management windows in Windows would be helpful.

Drives don't just magically "lose" 750GB.