[SOLVED] Samsung EVO 970 Plus not recognized by Asus rog strix x470-f

Mar 23, 2019
Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me out. I have just build a new PC but the M.2 disk is not recognized.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x470-F
M.2: Samsung EVO 970 Plus 500GB

I have tried both M.2 slots, but the disk won't show up in the BIOS. Is there a setting that I have missed?
(I have the latest BIOS version installed)

Thanks in Advance.

Kind regards,
Roy

Thanks for your quick replies, I have fixed it in the meanwhile due to the comment of ElectrO_90 . I have disconnected my SSD and then the EVO 970 was recognized by the BIOS.. :)

OK, so that may mean your SATA drive was plugged into the board that shares the M2 slot.
You should be able to just change the Sata Slot (it also should tell you in your motherboard book which one is shared).
Anyway, if you change that, you should have the other drives working.

Also you could thank me by making it the answer on the left hand side of the post I did. I think its a picture of a Cup.. :)

Mar 23, 2019
OK, so that may mean your SATA drive was plugged into the board that shares the M2 slot.
You should be able to just change the Sata Slot (it also should tell you in your motherboard book which one is shared).
Anyway, if you change that, you should have the other drives working.

Also you could thank me by making it the answer on the left hand side of the post I did. I think its a picture of a Cup.. :)

Thanks Dude, I have picked another SATA port, and now everything is fine 🆒

Reactions: ElectrO_90