Sep 14, 2019
I am not a computer guy but I managed to get this installed on my Aurora R7. I also managed to make it the Bootable drive. So, my HDD is now just storage (currently empty) and everything is cloned on my SSD. All seemed good except that half of my programs won't launch. They don't even act like they even try. The ones that do launch are Edge, Chrome, Adobe studio programs, steam, and a couple others. Some of my other video editing software and capture card programs will not. My first thought was that cloning to the SSD corrupted or messed with the file paths, so I attempted to reinstall the "broken programs" this was unsuccessful because they still won't launch.

Any help would be awesome thanks!

I normally do not recommend cloning for the following reasons:

1. Although cloning applications work reasonably well, there is still a chance that something can go wrong. There are plenty of threads in this forum that suggest problems with cloning.

2. Microsoft Windows has a tendency to become a "bloated pig" because the operating system does not do a very good job of deleting old applications, files, and registry entries. The useless undeleted files have a tendency to accumulate over time.

I have always recommend performing a secure erase and then a fresh clean install of everything.

I am not a computer guy but I managed to get this installed on my Aurora R7. I also managed to make it the Bootable drive. So, my HDD is now just storage (currently empty) and everything is cloned on my SSD. All seemed good except that half of my programs won't launch. They don't even act like they even try. The ones that do launch are Edge, Chrome, Adobe studio programs, steam, and a couple others. Some of my other video editing software and capture card programs will not. My first thought was that cloning to the SSD corrupted or messed with the file paths, so I attempted to reinstall the "broken programs" this was unsuccessful because they still won't launch.

Any help would be awesome thanks!

Are you using old taskbar or desktop shortcuts for the launch? or start menu? (path shortcut associations might have gotten dorked, try from traditional start menu of applications? If same, try a test removal of application, then reinstall it...)

Sep 14, 2019
Are you using old taskbar or desktop shortcuts for the launch? or start menu? (path shortcut associations might have gotten dorked, try from traditional start menu of applications? If same, try a test removal of application, then reinstall it...)

I attempted a reinstall of the programs earlier to no avail. I have tried launching program from a variety of locations always to the same result. The programs that are messed up seem to be the ones that aren't tied to some sort of online presence. I say this because all the Adobe apps and internet launchers work flawlessly.

Sep 14, 2019
I normally do not recommend cloning for the following reasons:

1. Although cloning applications work reasonably well, there is still a chance that something can go wrong. There are plenty of threads in this forum that suggest problems with cloning.

2. Microsoft Windows has a tendency to become a "bloated pig" because the operating system does not do a very good job of deleting old applications, files, and registry entries. The useless undeleted files have a tendency to accumulate over time.

I have always recommend performing a secure erase and then a fresh clean install of everything.

Alright, so you think I should do a complete system wipe? I'm not looking forward to that because getting my Alienware to boot from the SSD with the BIOS was a huge pain. I'm a bit afraid to mess that up in the process.