Samsung Exploits 3D NAND To Tackle SanDisk With 256 GB EVO Plus MicroSD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
this might a stupid question !? what happens if you drop one of these ? in the same package that you usually find 64gb you have 256gb+ does it become fragile ?
No moving parts, so droping a tiny light-weight flash drive is not going to do anything bad to it. The issue with these tend to be that the flash itself goes bad and makes the drive useless over time... or if you somehow chip or break it. But droping it, no, you would be hard pressed to break it that way.

Just after I went and bought a 128GB for my phone. But man that price is pretty crazy. I paid $50 for my 128GB. This is 5x the price.

Still would be nice and should work in any phone that supports the 200GB MicroSD cards.

Zircon57

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014

Yes? Any phone that supports a 200GB MicroSD will support a 256GB MicroSD. And the S7 supports a 200GB MicroSD.

And to further clarify, I believe that the specification that lets a phone support a 200GB card also theoretically allows for up to 2 TB (SDXC standard - over 32GB-2TB SDXC memory card using exFAT file system)
Still plenty of room for them to expand capacities, it's just the cost that is the prohibitive factor now.

Well in theory it should support the max file size of the file system it uses minus any OS or hardware limitations.

Zircon57

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014

Yes? Any phone that supports a 200GB MicroSD will support a 256GB MicroSD. And the S7 supports a 200GB MicroSD.

And to further clarify, I believe that the specification that lets a phone support a 200GB card also theoretically allows for up to 2 TB (SDXC standard - over 32GB-2TB SDXC memory card using exFAT file system)
Still plenty of room for them to expand capacities, it's just the cost that is the prohibitive factor now.

Status
Not open for further replies.