News Samsung Exynos With AMD RDNA SoC Smashes A14 Bionic in Leaked GPU Benchmark

TechLurker

Reputable
Feb 6, 2020
Here's to hoping Samsung comes out with a solid RDNA-powered tablet for productivity and mobile gaming.

Kind of wish Sony also got in on Mobile RDNA; bringing back the PSP/PSV in a new, Switch-like form, or using it to power up their own smartphones, (or both).

Reactions: gg83

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
AMD keeps producing good news with their IP. Its great to see. I hope Intel stays competitive so the future will have plenty of competition.

Pro74

Honorable
Aug 23, 2014
It should be compared with Adreno 650. We all know a14 bionic is not particularly strong on the gpu front. This is why Apple avoids benchmarks and mentioning shaders etc., supposedly because of simplicity. It was quite vocal , however, when it truly made a smashing product with m1. It does not matter anyway, because both the CPU and GPU of the snapdragon and bionic are already overpowered for +95 percent of the tasks on a smartphone.

We need the horsepower, where it can be useful and not necessarily to make pretty pictures or do computing in the confined few inches of a phone. This requires at the very least the luxury of a chair, of a big screen, a decent keyboard. Alternatively if people on the mobile businesses were not so close minded, a universal connectivity and software compatibility would not let their grey matter and computing go to waste, allowing the users to handle their phones as a pc. This in the near future may also be realized by robots. But phones are a very bad platform for broad computing uses, and hinder progress.

Last edited:

dalek1234

Reputable
Sep 27, 2019
AMD keeps producing good news with their IP. Its great to see. I hope Intel stays competitive so the future will have plenty of competition.

I'm going to be selfish here and say that I hope Intel doesn't "become" competitive again because that means my AMD stock will keep gaining in value.

;):devilish: