Samsung Facing Probe for False Advertising in Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icecweam7

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Another black eye for Samsung. The worst type of probe that they could be facing (if Samsung is suspected of hiding anything) will be the inevitable and embarrassing anal probe.

dillonpeterliam

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
I don't like the direction Samsung seem to be taking, every since they became "probably" the number 1 smartphone manufacturer they have started to go the way of the "evil" big companies . . . .like Apple :)

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
why would they need to badmouth htc? seems their products speak bad enough about the company themselves. I have a few friends with evos and they are still stuck on 2.3 with no updates to 4.0, they all seem to have the same kind of taxt messages not being received on time problems alongside abysmakl battery life. My wife's htc evo 3-d has android 4.0 but now we are at 4.2 and will liekly never be updated. she has to reset her phone once per day at least when she is not even getting text messages or able to send them out. my sister returned an htc one for similar reasons... seems like they make junk and don't support/update it and i can't think of anybody i knwo saying anythign positive about htc products... so why badmouth them when by scomparisons samsung products are made of gold and shoot out rainbows

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
why would they need to badmouth htc? seems their products speak bad enough about the company themselves. I have a few friends with evos and they are still stuck on 2.3 with no updates to 4.0, they all seem to have the same kind of taxt messages not being received on time problems alongside abysmakl battery life. My wife's htc evo 3-d has android 4.0 but now we are at 4.2 and will liekly never be updated. she has to reset her phone once per day at least when she is not even getting text messages or able to send them out. my sister returned an htc one for similar reasons... seems like they make junk and don't support/update it and i can't think of anybody i knwo saying anythign positive about htc products... so why badmouth them when by scomparisons samsung products are made of gold and shoot out rainbows

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
OK, Taiwan, I anxiously await your sanctions against Microsoft for their "evil" marketing efforts for Windows 8 and Surface. After I bought one, I went outside and it didnt make me feel like dancing in a circle. And when I tried to dance anyways, noone joined in and people laughed at me.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
"Samsung may have been "worried" about the "design and build quality of their mobile devices" and "green with envy" over the HTC One's aluminum unibody construction."

You just need to hold the two devices to see and feel the build quality.

Samsung just needs to start using aluminum or magnesium and pay attention to their Industrial Design. People are willing to pay for well built devices - Apple and Lenovo (Lenovo pre Chinese buyout) prove that.

A lot of people have had issues with HTC's function/support/software where Samsung far surpasses HTC on that mark and honestly - it's a phone, it's function should be more important than how it's built... Which brings us back to why HTC is hurting - people are weary of giving it a second chance after being burned. It's gonna take time before they can earn people's trust.

jrabbit2

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Samsung is getting jealous because HTC is making some really nice phones, compared to their plastic crap. 4 generations already and nothing has changed, all they are can do is zerging out absurdly large screens its sickening. not to mention the poor build quality, the galaxy phones can twist and bend like a $2 toy, not to mention its ugly as heck, by comparison the htc one is leaps and bounds better than any Samsung crap ever existed. no wonder they are green with envy. all my friend's Samsung phones broke within the first 2 weeks, and they all returned for htc and nokia and has been happy with them since.

jrabbit2

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Samsung is getting jealous because HTC is making some really nice phones, compared to their plastic crap. 4 generations already and nothing has changed, all they are can do is zerging out absurdly large screens its sickening. not to mention the poor build quality, the galaxy phones can twist and bend like a $2 toy, not to mention its ugly as heck, by comparison the htc one is leaps and bounds better than any Samsung crap ever existed. no wonder they are green with envy. all my friend's Samsung phones broke within the first 2 weeks, and they all returned for htc and nokia and has been happy with them since.

jrabbit2

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

jrabbit2

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

wittermark

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

get your facts straight, else you just sound like a troll. Lenovo was a Chinese company right from the start, they acquired the PC division of IBM back in 2005

wittermark

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

get your facts straight, or you'll end up looking like a troll. Lenova was a Chinese company to begin with, they acquired the PC division of IBM back in 2005.

wittermark

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

get your facts straight, or you'll end up looking like a troll. Lenova was a Chinese company to begin with, they acquired the PC division of IBM back in 2005.

wittermark

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

wittermark

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

wittermark

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

wittermark

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

G

Why doesn't anybody sue Apple for their genius bar. That is the biggest facade of false advertisement I have seen in the USA.

G

Why doesn't anybody sue Apple for their genius bar. That is the biggest facade of false advertisement I have seen in the USA.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Samsung has always been slightly under handed and this is far from first time they were up to shenanigans. Funny how some people see Apple has evil when all they are trying to do is keep every other consumer electronics companies from either taking their ideas or heavily borrow from Apple designs. Going to court is only recourse and I see Samsung being much more evil/unethical for mentioned reasons in article an other incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS