Samsung Galaxy Beam Projector Phone Launches in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
innovative? perhaps, but crappy on battery. but then again, the chances are, you can connect it to your laptop while u r using the projection function.

tapnick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I find this pretty cool but not very practical. In my experience its pretty standard for companies to have tv/monitors/projectors in every conference room, so I don't see a huge business demand for it. As far as personal use finding a good spot to project on in the real world to enjoy a quality viewing would not be worth the trouble in comparison to just have a phone with an hd screen.

NightbladeXX

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2007
ya this looks cool but when am i ever going to use it? my gs3 sucks the battery when im watching on the phone's screen i cant imagine the projector being easier on the battery

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I am sure Apple is getting ready to deny Samsung from releasing this product in the UK for violating its patent on non-piano black finishes on phones.

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Battery will probably drain in less than two hours, and your phone is dead. (assuming projector is 5W, battery is 2000mah)
This is almost as useless as the Nikon point and shoot camera that has a integrated projector.
Making it worse, android 2.3..

Not sure exactly what the use for these projectors may be.

Also, Samsung isn't the first one to come up with this. Sharp has made an Android smartphone with projection in 2011, and Fujitsu has made a projector Japanese phone in 2009.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Forget about putting a projector in a phone. How about advancing technologies to allow wireless tethering TO a projector, so you can just sync your phone and go?

Who wants to look a a crappy image from a tiny projector, or deal with crappy battery life and unnecessary heat output from your phone?

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
This could become ubiquitous on business phones, even though attempt is likely to fail.
Still kudos to Samsung fo trying to innovate.

deicided

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
[citation][nom]tapnick[/nom]I find this pretty cool but not very practical. In my experience its pretty standard for companies to have tv/monitors/projectors in every conference room, so I don't see a huge business demand for it. As far as personal use finding a good spot to project on in the real world to enjoy a quality viewing would not be worth the trouble in comparison to just have a phone with an hd screen.[/citation]

What about an important last minute meeting where a conference room/ meeting room isn't readily available which in most companies is a high possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.