Review Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Ultra Laptop Review: Versatile MacBook Pro Rival

healthy Pro-teen

Prominent
Jun 23, 2022
I really want to get the RTX 4070 version of this. Really good for productivity, and the AMOLED has way better response times than any IPS, and especially Macbook's Mini-LED, so I think gaming should be enjoyable on this. I also am fine with 1800P on a 16 incher, but maybe beacause I daily drive a Xeneon flex with 1440P at 45 inches, I am tolerant of laptops having lower than 4K res.

Apr 30, 2023
Hey guys, I just bought a 4050 with 16 GB of RAM from Best Buy for $2600 after tax. At first, it looked great. It's super light and slim, the screen is 3k and looks fantastic, and it looked great for gaming pictures.

However, I think they should have stuck to a 1080P or 2k monitor. This laptop is super unstable and I would not recommend it. When playing games (WoW, Dota), the temperature quickly rises to 65 degrees Celsius for the GPU and the processor goes up to 80-100 C (after 15-30 mins), causing the machine to become laggy and buggy. Even browsing is a poor experience, with opening 4-5 emails with about 10 tabs each causing the RAM to max out and the machine to become slow. I'm not sure if I got a defective laptop, but that's been my experience.

A few days later, I got an Alienware x17 R5 and it was a completely different experience. It's even cheaper at $2500 after tax. The screen is super balanced, even though it's only 1080. The cooling system is above and beyond even under hard stress. Browsing is great and the RAM doesn't max out. And it's for the same price! It is a great experience to do work and after work to play a bit of game, WOW.

I'm returning both and getting the Alienware M18. Yes, the M17 and M18 are bigger, but it's worth it and it's the same price!

Last edited:

healthy Pro-teen

Prominent
Jun 23, 2022
Hey guys, I just bought a 4050 with 16 GB of RAM from Best Buy for $2600 after tax. At first, it looked great. It's super light and slim, the screen is 3k and looks fantastic, and it looked great for gaming pictures.

However, I think they should have stuck to a 1080P or 2k monitor. This laptop is super unstable and I would not recommend it. When playing games (WoW, Dota), the temperature quickly rises to 65 degrees Celsius for the GPU and the processor goes up to 80-100 C (after 15-30 mins), causing the machine to become laggy and buggy. Even browsing is a poor experience, with opening 4-5 emails with about 10 tabs each causing the RAM to max out and the machine to become slow. I'm not sure if I got a defective laptop, but that's been my experience.

A few days later, I got an Alienware x17 R5 and it was a completely different experience. It's even cheaper at $2500 after tax. The screen is super balanced, even though it's only 1080. The cooling system is above and beyond even under hard stress. Browsing is great and the RAM doesn't max out. And it's for the same price! It is a great experience to do work and after work to play a bit of game, WOW.

I'm returning both and getting the Alienware M18. Yes, the M17 and M18 are bigger, but it's worth it and it's the same price!
It doesn't need to come with a 1080p or 2K screen, if you want, you can manually set your game res to that. And I got the 4070 version and it's been great for gaming. The M18 would still have better performance, because it's a chonky boi meant for heavy duty tasks. I haven't had RAM issues on my unit, I have the i9 32GB 1TB RTX 4070 version which was $2300 after trade in.

TRENDING THREADS