Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Has Bigger Profit Margin Than iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]nieur[/nom]will apple sue them for infringing profit margin?[/citation]
LOL!

No, but Apple will come out with a product or software called iNote and sue Samsung for copying name and trade dress of using white, because apple invented the color white on the first iPad.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Apple Ipad is priced more aggressively compared to their crappy overprice Mac/iphone. There is no reason for a smaller screen Iphone 4s using the crappier A5 non-X CPU with a smaller battery pack to cost more than Ipad3. Those who buy Iphone 4S is getting rip off for good.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Apple Ipad is priced more aggressively compared to their crappy overprice Mac/iphone. There is no reason for a smaller screen Iphone 4s using the crappier A5 non-X CPU with a smaller battery pack to cost more than Ipad3. Those who buy Iphone 4S is getting rip off for good.[/citation]

"Ba dee Ba dee Ba dee, That's Apple for you folks!" Said Porkie pig.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
It only makes sense Samsung will have a bigger profit margin. They pretty much make every single component that goes inside.

I noticed Samsung's current trend is, keep pricing the same as competitors while being about 2 quarters ahead in technology. Now, if Samsung can invest big money into a software developing sector, they can maybe turn their current OS into a big competitor against Android, iOS, and W8.. but, I've only seen Samsung's OS on Korean phones and some European Samsung phones. And it's pretty crappy from what I heard.

If Samsung can make their OS lightweight as iOS and open as Android, I would definitely see it dominating the market.

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]Cheaper, better, and lighter. Samsung takes the lead even after losing the lawsuitSo Apple spend more [/citation]

Getting a bigger profit off the consumers is hardly a win now is it?

Wasn't all the hating on Apple about them being overpriced and yet Samsung openly announce they are taking more money per customer than apple? And yet you praise them for this?

Oh the irony.

mike_man

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Personally I love Samsung, but bragging about profit margin is not the way to go! Besides clearly the 10" Note is going to sell a lot less than the iPad so that isn't going to count for much.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]mike_man[/nom]Personally I love Samsung, but bragging about profit margin is not the way to go! Besides clearly the 10" Note is going to sell a lot less than the iPad so that isn't going to count for much.[/citation]
Well, no one said Samsung was bragging about profit margins.. those numbers you see in this article are not released by Samsung.
To the consumer, sale price matters.. not cost price. To succeed in putting Apple in it's place, either Samsung needs to deliver a product as good as an iPad for a lower price, or a better product at the same price. I wish Samsung all the best. Apple needs to be taught a lesson! Although I do not wish for Apple and it's products to disappear, I look forward to the day when Apple sales decline to the point where it finds itself in 3rd or 4th place!

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
[citation][nom]schnitter[/nom]Getting a bigger profit off the consumers is hardly a win now is it?Wasn't all the hating on Apple about them being overpriced and yet Samsung openly announce they are taking more money per customer than apple? And yet you praise them for this?Oh the irony.[/citation]

News Flash... you cant expect Samsung to sell it for $0. Samsung product is cheap and they sell like hot cakes, Yes they make more money then Apple. but doesn't mean they greedy for moeny. The statement is saying that Samsung does not charge customer high price and still be able to beat Apple's high price. In other words, Samsung is not greedy for moeny they are generating revenue by making customer happy with the prices.

Something Apple needs to learn from.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
I've been saying this over and over; and get down voted by Apple fans...

Apple will not be viable in the long run because they do not manufacture. That means their parts cost more due to the added profit marging oftheir supplier; no matter if it is Samsung or someone else.
If you have your own manufacturing your turn around times on new products are shorter; debugging is quicker and your parts cost is naturally lower.
Apple trying to pi$$ off their major supplier will not have a good ending in the long run.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
$640?? Who are they kidding? For $640 you can buy:

- a Kindle Fire ($200)
- a Nexus 7 ($200)
- a Kindle Touch ($140)
- a Nook Touch ($100)

You'd be set for a few years for all your tablet needs.

Edit: This isn't spam, you morons! These prices are from their official websites. Why are you downvoting it?

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]killabanks[/nom]wow samsung is pulling alot of apple moves lately...[/citation]
Was it sarcasm? I hope it was sarcasm...

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]schnitter[/nom]Getting a bigger profit off the consumers is hardly a win now is it?Wasn't all the hating on Apple about them being overpriced and yet Samsung openly announce they are taking more money per customer than apple? And yet you praise them for this?Oh the irony.[/citation]
Apple isn't making that much on tablets. (unlike most of the other stuff) Margins are pretty low there. That's why their profits were below expectations last quarter.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]DSpider[/nom]$640?? Who are they kidding? For $640 you can buy:- a Kindle Fire ($200)- a Nexus 7 ($200)- a Kindle Touch ($140)- a Nook Touch ($100)You'd be set for a few years for all your tablet needs.Edit: This isn't spam, you morons! These prices are from their official websites. Why are you downvoting it?[/citation]

Maybe because a selection of 7" bargain tablets and ereaders isn't the same thing as a 10" galaxy note?

I could buy like 10 new Cameros for the price of one new Ferrari. I even like the Camero more personally, but 10 of them aren't the same thing as a Ferrari.

mralex

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Why is this surprising?
iPad has 2048x1536 resolution screen instead of the yesterday 1280x800 screen.
The Note 10.1 probably has a higher margin than the Transformer Infinity too, which has a 1920x1200 screen.

Hspito

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Funny, people here are always saying that Apple sells overprice stuff but some how Samsung has a bigger margin profit in their Galaxy note than the iPad (both sell for $499)...... Tell me again, who is selling overpriced stuff?

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]hspito[/nom]Funny, people here are always saying that Apple sells overprice stuff but some how Samsung has a bigger margin profit in their Galaxy note than the iPad (both sell for $499)...... Tell me again, who is selling overpriced stuff?[/citation]

Samsung is just selling a better product than the iPad for the same price. If the iPad drops in price, Samsung can drop the price on the Galaxy by more.

G

This article is absurd. It is clear the author did not really think this trough, or does not understand how products are built and sold. It completely ignores wholesale markup. Please read this:

http://ceklog.kindel.com/2012/08/30/retail-pricing-markup-and-margins/

Status
Not open for further replies.