Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Now Available for Sale in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]classzero[/nom]There you go UK! You have something not available in the US![/citation]
We have better broadband too, no Verizon or AT&T to stick limitations and high cost up the ass over here

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]avaksman[/nom]Checked today in a very large O2 shop , they said they never got it , and are not sure when they will.[/citation]
Samsung Brand Store at Westfield Stratford City is the only place in the story, expect elsewhere later

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]fuzzion[/nom]That is what she said to me[/citation]
lol...

have you ever been told, that thing Is like giving birth without being pregnant first

G

Enormous in every way! Not just the size but it packs technology not all in iPhone 5. iFans, what can you say?

Man, this is a device that I have been waiting to get some hands-on time with, but I recently went to an AT&T store and played with the original Note, as well as the Galaxy SIII. The Note is big. It might be too big. I love the idea of having a screen that size, but for day-to-day use...it might be too much. Also, the pen seemed to be of limited use. I couldn't swipe the home screens left and right with it...what? Maybe I missed something, but where was the option to use handwriting recognition while composing texts and so forth?

And as for the SIII...I was a little disappointed. Good size screen, crazy thin, but I'm honestly kind of bored with Android and I didn't find the user experience very inspiring. Maybe I just crave variety, but that Lumia 920 is looking more and attractive, to be honest. With the touchscreen as sensitive as it is, it seems like you could use a mechanical pencil or some other device as a stylus, and get most of the advantage of the Note 2 right there.

Anyway, I'll probably still hold off on upgrading until I can try the Note 2 and the Lumia 920 side-by-side. If the Note 2 is just a bigger SIII, though, I might end up jumping ship. That scarlet 920 is kind of growing on me...

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]I dont believe Galaxy note will catch on. Too big as a smart phone and too small for a tablet. Time will tell.[/citation]
Note 1 sold well enough for them to bother making a note 2. Personally, I couldn't care less what catches on, I still want a Note 2 because it's what I want and to heck with all you cool kids. This is, of course, assuming it's an option for me (stupid Verizon).

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
[citation][nom]maestintaolius[/nom]Note 1 sold well enough for them to bother making a note 2. Personally, I couldn't care less what catches on, I still want a Note 2 because it's what I want and to heck with all you cool kids. This is, of course, assuming it's an option for me (stupid Verizon).[/citation]
It is already submitted to the FCC as a Verizon variant...

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Old_Fogie_Late_Bloomer[/nom]Man, this is a device that I have been waiting to get some hands-on time with, but I recently went to an AT&T store and played with the original Note, as well as the Galaxy SIII. The Note is big. It might be too big. I love the idea of having a screen that size, but for day-to-day use...it might be too much. Also, the pen seemed to be of limited use. I couldn't swipe the home screens left and right with it...what? Maybe I missed something, but where was the option to use handwriting recognition while composing texts and so forth?And as for the SIII...I was a little disappointed. Good size screen, crazy thin, but I'm honestly kind of bored with Android and I didn't find the user experience very inspiring. Maybe I just crave variety, but that Lumia 920 is looking more and attractive, to be honest. With the touchscreen as sensitive as it is, it seems like you could use a mechanical pencil or some other device as a stylus, and get most of the advantage of the Note 2 right there.Anyway, I'll probably still hold off on upgrading until I can try the Note 2 and the Lumia 920 side-by-side. If the Note 2 is just a bigger SIII, though, I might end up jumping ship. That scarlet 920 is kind of growing on me...[/citation]
For day to day use it's perfect, I get envious just looking at mate at works S3 while I have to almost squint on 3GS, No way in hell I will be settling for anything less than 5+ inch screen size on next phone,Bring on the Note 2!
Still going to fit easy in my pockets, Hells it's even thinner than my 3GS. Think of it like a wallet, fits in your pocket easy enough as long as it isn't fat loaded up with coins, As she says it's the width that matters not the length. ;)

[citation][nom]IQ11110002[/nom]For day to day use it's perfect, I get envious just looking at mate at works S3 while I have to almost squint on 3GS, No way in hell I will be settling for anything less than 5+ inch screen size on next phone,Bring on the Note 2!Still going to fit easy in my pockets, Hells it's even thinner than my 3GS. Think of it like a wallet, fits in your pocket easy enough as long as it isn't fat loaded up with coins, As she says it's the width that matters not the length.[/citation]
Oh, I'll definitely give it a fair shake when it actually shows up in stores. I'm just less enthusiastic about it than I was before I played with the original Note and the SIII...that doesn't mean the Note 2 has no chance to wow me. We'll see. :)

vishnusivathej

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
People might say that the note 2 size is large and things like that... Once you get used to it... It takes only a week for you to realize... size doesn't matter, when it comes to your productivity and the things that you can do with this already limitless.

I thought probably its a bad idea to buy one, but i did buy it after listening to a few friends.. and damn its the best thing i have..

Status
Not open for further replies.