Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Launch Date Sooner Than Expected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbudbud

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
High quality build aka non plastic, Snapdragon 800, 1080p resolution, latest Android OS Jellybean/Key Lime Pie, 3000MaH or more battery, 5.3-5.7 inch screen and I'm sold.

salh

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
I dont see it even touching the xperia z ultra unless there are some drastic improvements in design, specs EVERYTHING

halcyon

Splendid
Please release the Note III with a 1920x1080 (or higher) resolution, 2GB (or more) RAM, and 32GB of onboard storage, a MicroSD slot for expanding storage, a nice quad core (or better) processor, ...and of course a 3100+ mAH removable battery.

Am I being unrealistic to expect such in a flagshippy device in mid-2013?

That's all mighty good; meanwhile, 2 of the most anticipated / controversial phones of the year (Google Edition of HTC One and SGS4) have emerged for pre-order on GPlay since yesterday and not a peep about that here on Tom's.

IDK about the screen yet, but given prior Galaxy models, I would say everything else should be pretty much a given (except maybe the onboard storage).

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Why would the S4 decline in sales to a earlier Note 3 release. Most people that have or want the S4 like the size of it and don't want a much bigger version of it to lug around. Also I hope Samsung doesn't just make the Note 3 a bigger version of the S4 with the same specs, they can do better. Snapdragon 800 and 3Gb of ram, 16mp camera, better battery would be nice. Anxious to hear any news about release my Note 1 is ready to be sent to the cell phone retirement home.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
just make the phone rugged + waterresistant(not 30mins underwater limit) + further increase the battery life, then u'll get the wow factor. We have not have a slim phone that is capable to be good for diving @ <50m depth

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
I will pick sturdy plastic over aluminum... every one of my phones with aluminium or metal alloy-painted shell looked like shit after 4 months use. They all, rather fast,get scratched up to hell. By all means have them make "special" editions with metal housings for additional cost added but I personally prefer plastic for longevity reasons.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Don't get Samsung phone if you expect timely new Android releases. Seriously, is there a single company that keeps up with latest Android updates except Nexus phones?

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
"recently released as the world's largest smartphone"
I've a 10" phablet that makes calls. it was manufactured 2 years ago. much bigger than sony.

threehosts

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Yes, with that and 128GB of available internal storage plus microSDXC/SDXC slot.

I heard a lot of people complaining about aluminium. Perhaps a "rugged-surface" AlMgSi alloy might fix that. There are also different kevlar and carbon fibre coatings that one could use. Also, why not try using stainless steel? There are many different alloys of stainless steel to choose from.

But I agree that perhaps it is time for Samsung to give their current Galaxy lines a "makeover".

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
Anyone who thought the S4 would continue to sell 10 million units/month is an idiot. I seriously doubt anyone at Samsung thought they would sell the number of units they did at launch every month. Those kind of things don't happen. It is rather silly for this article to suggest 7 million units is some kind of disappointment or is below an earlier projection.

As for everyone complaing about the plastic, guess what? Plastic allows for tool less battery and SD card changes. It is also lighter and more impact resistant. Let's not forget that nobody sees the back of their phone anyway since everybody uses a protective case. It is a rediculous idiotic complaint.

Samsung, ignore the retards, keep the plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.