Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Specs Rumors: All We Know So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
qualcomms 64 bit snapdragon 810 won't be available to buy in consumer devices till 2015. So samsung would have to get their 64 bit exynos done in time for 64 bit to happen. What i'm most likely seeing is the korean version which seems to favor the exynos chips will be 64 bit possibly while the snapdragon version the US seems to always get will be the 805 which is 32 bit. That's what they mean by some 32 bit and some 64 bit.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
What's wrong with Qualcomm? They should've had 64-bit snapdragons out last year. Where the "market" is at, is when you have an iPhone or an Android phone that "looks" better but people don't really understand why. They just blindly believe what they read. Get with the times! But anyway, we NEED a 64-bit Android phone to take the next leap into the future of technology.

John Swain

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014
Fortunately the Note 3 is such a great phone that my need to upgrade to Note 4 is not that pressing, so I'll probably wait for Note 5 and get the new 810 chip with a mature version of 64 bit Android. No need to spend $700 on a minor upgrade just to get a few added bells and whistles.

XaVierDK

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014
Small correction. It wasn't the Nexus S that had the contour display, it was the Galaxy Nexus.

And I don't think a curved display would work on a Note product. It has the S-Pen and all the different features that entails, and writing/drawing on a curved surface would be a pain.

Zepid

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
qualcomms 64 bit snapdragon 810 won't be available to buy in consumer devices till 2015. So samsung would have to get their 64 bit exynos done in time for 64 bit to happen. What i'm most likely seeing is the korean version which seems to favor the exynos chips will be 64 bit possibly while the snapdragon version the US seems to always get will be the 805 which is 32 bit. That's what they mean by some 32 bit and some 64 bit.

Exynos will never make it stateside, due to the lack of LTE support. These are unfortunate facts. I think they aren't legally allowed to without buying into several patents and whatnot.

AlexStukov

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
What's wrong with Qualcomm? They should've had 64-bit snapdragons out last year. Where the "market" is at, is when you have an iPhone or an Android phone that "looks" better but people don't really understand why. They just blindly believe what they read. Get with the times! But anyway, we NEED a 64-bit Android phone to take the next leap into the future of technology.

do you even know what is 64bit?

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Small correction. It wasn't the Nexus S that had the contour display, it was the Galaxy Nexus.

And I don't think a curved display would work on a Note product. It has the S-Pen and all the different features that entails, and writing/drawing on a curved surface would be a pain.

They both had curved displays. The Galaxy Nexus was basically a Nexus S with a 1.2ghz dual core cpu (vs single 1ghz), 1gb ram (vs 512mb) and a 720p (vs wvga) screen.

Budge72

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
If Samsung is going to put a curve on the Note 4 screen, they should make it so that the curve allows the phone to stand up by itself while in portrait view. I know that goes against what some people want because they want the curve for watching movies. But a gentle curve in portrait mode would make the phone easier to hold while using it as a phone, and it would fit more easily in front pants pocket.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Anything short of a fully bendable flexable display, 4gb of ram with a 1440p or better res and a true 8 core 64 bit cpu and will be a huge disappointment.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012

What would you need eight 64 bit cores for in a phone? ...and 4GB is a nice spec, but, I think it's still a bit of a waste, like buying a 16GB Core i7 desktop PC to check your emails with. :)

G

They both had curved displays. The Galaxy Nexus was basically a Nexus S with a 1.2ghz dual core cpu (vs single 1ghz), 1gb ram (vs 512mb) and a 720p (vs wvga) screen.

plus a much bigger screen (4.65 vs 4 inch, iirc). so a completely different phone then...

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I have the Note 2 and love it. I do welcome a bigger screen close to 6". However, please Samsung do NOT produce a curved screen. I just don't see the need for it.

64 bit processor would be nice but unless it got more than 4 gigs of RAM it's not going to be of a real benefit.

wowcorny

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014
they dont need 64bit processors, the only difference it has from 32bit processors is that it can handle more than 4gb of ram, if the device will not have more than 4gb of ram, a 64bit processor is useless. This is just a marketing gimmick, dont be fooled

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
I'm very happy with my note 2. I hope the note phones don't get bigger until they can be more rugged without sacrificing any current features. And, we can put a man on the moon, why not a better solution to those annoying side buttons? I forgot, the Koreans didn't go to the moon.

Jul 25, 2014
Previous reports had indicated similar specifications for the Galaxy F. It is also details a smartphone under the Lentis project, the SM-G906 (code-name lentislte), which supposedly features a Snapdragon 805 chip-set with full-HD display, and is meant only for Korea - with variants for the big three Korean carriers, SKT, LGU, and KTT.
The device is may also include same camera sensor as expected in the alleged Galaxy Note 4. http://sqeets.com/articles/samsung-galaxy-note-4-is-coming-with-a-blast-samsung-galaxy-note-4-full-specifications/

Status
Not open for further replies.