Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12-inch Screen Pushes Boundaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
What's wrong with a bezel on a tablet? Looks like a good amount of space for fingers to me. In particular something this big, I want to be able to grip the edge, as I can't wrap my whole hand around it like I could with a phone or even a smaller tablet.

BluePhantom

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
I agree, I think considering the overall size of it, the bezel is almost perfectly sized to make it actually functional and esthetically pleasing to the eye.

maaen

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
User removable battery is essential ...no matter how large ....external charger for the battery and easy availability of spare batteries.A Micro SD card bus with 3 or 4 memory cards operated by a switch....that is also something Samsung should include in its tablets.A seven inch long S.Pen and just a little bit fatter and not so slippery around the stem....that would help to hold it for extra maneourability.Incorporate all the above into the Note tablet essentials and Samsung will have a successful product family for a very long time to come.

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
The bezel is perfect. I've used the note 2014 10.1 in and its amazing. They are using year old SoC's but that does not put much of a damper on anything. The RAM is fast enough for multitasking with ease. I'm not interested in gaming on tablets at all... The only mobile gaming I do is with a moga controller and emulators. My main purpose is Netflix and calendar/email stuff. The 4 way split is a nice feature. I use multi window on the note 8 and S4 all the time. The only feature I WANT is the air pen stuff. Drawing a window anywhere on the screen is awesome.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
Samsung's My Magazine app sucks balls. I hope it dies a miserable death, and the A-hole MBA dick at Samsung who brought us this crap contracts an embarrassing and painful STD.

My Magazine is the most annoying feature on my Note 3. I wouldn't mind if it was like many of the other Samsung apps that are easily ignored, but double tapping the home button or swipping down on the home screen brings it up by default. You can turn off the double tap home button feature, but only after agreeing to My Magazine's terms and conditions. The swipe down method can not be turned off. Rooting your device and freezing My Magazine with an app like Titanium Backup results in Touch Wiz crashing whenever the home button is double tapped or when you swipe down on the home screen.

If this was some useful app, maybe I could understand, but this is a horrible horrible program that only exists to gather targeted advertising data. Who wants to use this junk? If you want to look at Facebook, use your app or browser. Same goes for news feeds and every other waste of time stupid app that you should just use a browser for. Even if you are that stupid that you want all your media presented through one crippeling interface, Flipboard works much better.

Way to force a nice steaming pile of crap down our throats Samsung. This is not how you gain loyalty.

I get the bezel. What I don't get is the persistence of the HOME button (and any capacitive buttons, for that matter). If you have such great screen estate, you definitely can afford to implement the on-screen buttons, like AOSP.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I've been holding off getting another tablet until now. I was leaning towards a Windows 8 tablet but I really like this new Samsung, now lets see how they price it.

cozmium

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
I still have an original Galaxy Tab 10.1, because it's still their screen with the best colour gamut and accuracy. Please Samsung, let this one be good enough too...

Status
Not open for further replies.