Samsung Galaxy S III Reaches 30 Million Phones Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Apple fudged up the transition from Home computers to PCs back in the 80s and I have a feeling history will repeat itself with smartphones and tablets.

I operate a small IT firm and we are getting complaints from iPad users left and right that their device can not access many of the sites we host. Usually media heavy sites using flash players etc.
These folks just don't get it that Apple with their anti flash stance is putting themseves in a position they have been before. Apple against the mass market. They will loose out again. And thre is no S.J. around to fix things this time around.

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Apple fudged up the transition from Home computers to PCs back in the 80s and I have a feeling history will repeat itself with smartphones and tablets.I operate a small IT firm and we are getting complaints from iPad users left and right that their device can not access many of the sites we host. Usually media heavy sites using flash players etc.These folks just don't get it that Apple with their anti flash stance is putting themseves in a position they have been before. Apple against the mass market. They will loose out again. And thre is no S.J. around to fix things this time around.[/citation]
Or you could update your site to not use a piece of shit like flash and move to a more modern and sleek design.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Apple fudged up the transition from Home computers to PCs back in the 80s and I have a feeling history will repeat itself with smartphones and tablets.I operate a small IT firm and we are getting complaints from iPad users left and right that their device can not access many of the sites we host. Usually media heavy sites using flash players etc.These folks just don't get it that Apple with their anti flash stance is putting themseves in a position they have been before. Apple against the mass market. They will loose out again. And thre is no S.J. around to fix things this time around.[/citation]
As much as I hate Apple, Jobs (who led the anti-flash stance) was right. Flash is an abomination that needs to die, and right now its days are numbered. On top of the numerous security and performance issues with Flash, Adobe has abandoned support for Android and Linux, and sites such as YouTube are already transitioning to new standards such as HTML5.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Relax, guys, Adobe semi-killed it itself, by saying "oh, we don't support it on mobile anymore".

Now, there are HUGE amount of sites using Flash, including car configurators.

New sites will try to use what html5 offers, heck, there are even converters from flash to html5/js:
https://www.google.com/doubleclick/studio/swiffy/

Full transition will take ages though, even applets, that were not even remote as popular as Flash, are still there.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
The note 2 only sold 3 million so far. Over the past week I have stopped by about 8 or 9 places looking for one. I have one on order through my employer. Everyone is sold out. I didn't see this with the S3 or the iphone 5. iphone 5 were available in quantity everywhere the next day after release.

The note 2 is the next big thing..... if you can find one.

halcyon

Splendid
The SGS 3 is a truly great Android device. Its a formula that Samsung's competition should be trying to emulate or surpass (at the high end). However, I did learn the hard way that not all high-end Android tablets perform as well as the SGS3. I am finally forced to admit that I'm sorely disappointed with my $600 Asus Transformer Pad Infinity for multiple significant reasons. ...such is the state of Android.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]keither5150[/nom]The note 2 only sold 3 million so far. Over the past week I have stopped by about 8 or 9 places looking for one. I have one on order through my employer. Everyone is sold out. I didn't see this with the S3 or the iphone 5. iphone 5 were available in quantity everywhere the next day after release.The note 2 is the next big thing..... if you can find one.[/citation]

You're joking right? That's laughable you think the Note II sales will even come close to the iPhone 5.
iPhone 5 sold more in the first 3 days then the Note II sold in 6 weeks.

halcyon

Splendid
The Note 2 is a neat device but I ultimately found it too small to be a good tablet and too big to be a good phone. So with Sprint's Black Friday special on the S3 ($50 on contract) and MicroCenter's Black Friday special on the Nexus 7 ($180) I saved $70 by returning the Note 2 and getting two appropriately sized (for their function) devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.