Samsung Galaxy S3 Becomes T-Mobile's Best Selling Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevelord

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Probably because TMobile doesn't offer iPhones. Just wanted to put that out there before the anti-Apple crowd makes themselves look stupid.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]stevelord[/nom]Probably because TMobile doesn't offer iPhones. Just wanted to put that out there before the anti-Apple crowd makes themselves look stupid.[/citation]

http://blog.t-mobile.com/2011/09/26/about-the-iphone-a-letter-to-t-mobile-customers/

They might not offer it, but they still seem have a lot of iPhone users with unlocked iPhones. A year ago, they were quoted as saying that they have over a million. Sure, it's not record breaking, but its something.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
Congrats to Samsung and TMobile.
I'm glad Samsung has brought S3 to TMobile and soon Note 2 as well.
Samsung does not discriminate when it comes to carrier, unlike other companies like Nokia, HTC, Apple and etc...

TMobile has very good coverage in my area(NYC) and the best family plan pricing, therefore I'm not leaving them. Very glad when I saw S3 came along.
One of the best phone ever...

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]rangas[/nom]get that iturds_sheeps[/citation]

Defies logic. If Samsung is selling well enough cant we start saying SamSheep?!?

[citation][nom]stevelord[/nom]Probably because TMobile doesn't offer iPhones. Just wanted to put that out there before the anti-Apple crowd makes themselves look stupid.[/citation]
Just because a company does not provide a phone does not mean it will not work. As I understand it, any phone that works on ATT will work on TMobile because they run on the same/similar network.

There are a ton of people out there who are more than willing to purchase their phone of choice outright (be it an iPhone or any other flagship model), and then take advantage of the two person $80 1000 minutes or $100 all you can eat plans. Over a 2 year contract you end up saving some $2000+ dollars over ATT/Verison, which more than pays for a pair of high end smart phones. I know a lot of people who did this with iPhones on TMobile, and I am hoping to so something similar with the Nokia 920 when it comes out (unless it sucks or nokia folds up, in which case I will do an S3).

So ya, don't think for a minute that just because they do not offer a discount on a phone that TMobile does not support it on their network. And also keep in mind that just because someone is using a phone that they can provide means that they purchased that phone directly from them because the discounted plans do not give a discount on phone sales and it is cheaper the buy the phone online than it is to get the phone directly through TMobile.

[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Defies logic. If Samsung is selling well enough cant we start saying SamSheep?!?[/citation]
Sheep are people who have undying brand loyalty. People purchase the iPhone specifically because it is made by Apple. People (typically) buy the S3 because it is simply a good phone. If someone else were to make a better phone, or if the S4 is a flop, then the people who are currently enjoying the S3 would drop samsung very quickly.

Normal people do not tolerate flops like the iPhone 4 or 5, or unfinished products like Siri or the new maps program. Don't mistake what I am trying to say, the 4s even had me looking at an iPhone for a bit as it fixed some issues, and added features that made the phone competitive, I am not anti-apple or anything. I just don't see why people like their products with as much loyalty as their followers have.

I mean, the maker of a product is not your friend. They do not need to be defended at every turn for a product's shortcomings, or pretend like each and every product is perfect like many (not all) iSheep seem to believe. You should get the product you want, with the features you need, for a reasonable price. iProducts do achieve this sometimes, but in general most people buy iProducts because they are trendy, not because they want what the product can do.

Yep, you beat them to it alright. .

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]rangas[/nom]get that iturds_sheeps[/citation] the problem is not so much customers as is the Apple company itself.

Apple *DOES* make good products. The iTunes media manager software makes transfers of media easy for the end-user. As of today, there is nobody that makes a tablet more powerful than the iPad3 or iPad2 in terms of CPU, GPU power and screen resolution.

But Apple is also a bad/stupid company to go after a competitor who has far more patents and experience in the phone biz. It was the expertise of Samsung that help design Apple's phones.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]The iTunes media manager software makes transfers of media easy for the end-user.[/citation]
Lolwhat?
Seriously?
And lack of File System / Folders makes it, let me guess, "simpler" to the end user. Probably because everyone and his grandma has a PC nowadays and knows how file system works?

Jeez, forget about folders, transfer something FROM any of iThingies.

Monstrosities like "WiFi HDD" became popular only due to the "easy for the end-user" you've just mentioned.

stevelord

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]caedenv[/nom]Just because a company does not provide a phone does not mean it will not work. As I understand it, any phone that works on ATT will work on TMobile because they run on the same/similar network.There are a ton of people out there who are more than willing to purchase their phone of choice outright (be it an iPhone or any other flagship model), and then take advantage of the two person $80 1000 minutes or $100 all you can eat plans. Over a 2 year contract you end up saving some $2000+ dollars over ATT/Verison, which more than pays for a pair of high end smart phones. I know a lot of people who did this with iPhones on TMobile, and I am hoping to so something similar with the Nokia 920 when it comes out (unless it sucks or nokia folds up, in which case I will do an S3).So ya, don't think for a minute that just because they do not offer a discount on a phone that TMobile does not support it on their network. And also keep in mind that just because someone is using a phone that they can provide means that they purchased that phone directly from them because the discounted plans do not give a discount on phone sales and it is cheaper the buy the phone online than it is to get the phone directly through TMobile.[/citation]

You and a few others missed the point completely. I am not bashing TMobile. I am saying the Samsung is probably their best seller because the phone's best competitor is NOT offered through TMobile.

Make sense to you now? Geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS