Samsung Galaxy S3 Sales Unhurt From Legal Loss to Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
If Microsoft can spend around $900 Million on PR for Windows 8 Samsung can sure afford a cool Billion on PR for their smart phones :)

sesante2000

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
I don't see why it would.
As long as people can buy it and it does what they need or want, I doubt they could care less who won in court.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Ok, but how do you know that the demand increase wouldn't have been like 25% if the lawsuit didn't go through? I demand that Apple pay for the lost % that no one can prove! Sorry for that my inner RIAA lawyer just got out, it's under control now :(

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Reading about Samsung losing $1B in the Apple case will not stop me from buying Samsung phones. It just makes me shun anything associated with apple more.

einheriar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007
Well the fascist business model of apple keeps me straight on the path from buying apple products.. evry time I am a bout to waiver and think about now that is something nice, they go brutally harass someone on unfair groundings, and then I think to myself. Time to buy a product from the victim

so my last mobile became a Samsung smart phone..

The apple verdict has not changed my opinion about what phone to purchase in the slightest. I am still waiting for the release of the Nokia 920, and if I can get an unlocked one that will work with TMobile (as only ATT will carry it in store, and I am not going with them for cell service again) and it works like I think it will then I will go with that. If not then I will be getting a SGS3 because it is simply a great device all around.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
The public didn't care about the verdict. Only blind loyalists for either side cared. Either way, I don't see how having to pay $1 billion is doing Samsung a favor. Depends on if they get it dismissed. The lawyers are the real winners.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
While the iPhone5 has and WILL do well in sales (iphone4 is now a 2yr old device) - I believe the they have pissed off lots of people, created nothing but negative press against Apple with "rectangle with rounded corners"... again, should Samsung have designed phone that is a pyramid with spikes?

Apple hasn't gone after other companies. Apple is making super profits and they spend their energy and value doing something stupid.

They lost me as a future iPad3/4 owner... The only way they'll get me to get one, is if they are public about leaving Android/Samsung alone. I'm guessing that Motorola/Google has already fired their first warning shot and brought Apple to the table to talk.

I don't like 16:9 tablets! I don't like 16:9 tablets! I don't like 16:9 tablets!

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Why would it be?

If anything more people bought S3s just to give a middle finger to Apple for not being able to handle competition.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]The public didn't care about the verdict. Only blind loyalists for either side cared. Either way, I don't see how having to pay $1 billion is doing Samsung a favor. Depends on if they get it dismissed. The lawyers are the real winners.[/citation]

Yea only "blind loyalists" care about technology being able to progress.

Well if that is what you think then I'll gladly carry the title of "Blind Loyalist"

halcyon

Splendid
A little billion dollar lawsuit loss is not enough to stop the SGS3. Once a critic I now recommend it every opportunity I get {to those that are ready for more}. Apple is correct to be fearful, copied or not, the iPhone now has some serious competition.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Why would the GS3 sales be hurt? Do iPhone sales increase from Apple's courtroom victories? Way to make up an empty story with sensationalist headlines.

halcyon

Splendid

Anything for a few web hits these days.

Orlean

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
I just purchased a Samsung G3 myself to replace my aging Iphone 3GS which was jailbroken it still worked and took a beating ( I'm a Mechanic) but it was time for something new. I opted to get away from Apple this time around because well the OS got boring unlike the Original Iphone which I dropped $600 on to purchase few months after it was released was very cool at that time and was revolutionary in my opinion but the new ones now just don't do it for me I played around with the Iphone 5 and I wasn't impressed at all. So I made the switch to Andriod with the S3 and so far I'm really enjoying it hopefully this phone has the durability to hold up as the 3GS did.

Alphi

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]teh_chem[/nom]Why would the GS3 sales be hurt? Do iPhone sales increase from Apple's courtroom victories? Way to make up an empty story with sensationalist headlines.[/citation]

um ya didnt pay much attention to the court case did you.. its not about the fine.. its about the injunction to stop the sale of samsung devices in the USA. if the injuction goes ahead then samsung in theory loses a big market.. even the threat of injunction should have been enough to make many US companies reduce their inventories... unfortunately for apple.. the USA is no longer the biggest market for smart phones...

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

Yep, stop the sales of the GSII. tough break for Samsung. I guess they'll have to sell more GSIII's to make up for it.

sarcasm

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
Throw away any fanboy nonsense and because is it really hard to believe people would rather have a nice 4.8" 720p HD screen? I know some of you prefer smaller screens, but man it's been great to be able to load a bunch of my favorite movies and watch them anytime I feel like it on the go. I think the iPhone 5 is a solid piece of hardware, but that screen size and pretty boring OS just isn't for me.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]sarcasm[/nom]Throw away any fanboy nonsense and because is it really hard to believe people would rather have a nice 4.8" 720p HD screen? I know some of you prefer smaller screens, but man it's been great to be able to load a bunch of my favorite movies and watch them anytime I feel like it on the go. I think the iPhone 5 is a solid piece of hardware, but that screen size and pretty boring OS just isn't for me.[/citation]
It is with a bit of shame {for all the non-sense I once professed} that I must agree with you on a whole. The SGS3 is amazing hardware, can you imagine if Samsung actually advertised for it in a US TV add. Blam blam. Steve Jobs would get out of his grave and scream. ...and Samsung wouldn't be able to build them fast enough {even though I don't think Android is for everyone}

Status
Not open for further replies.