Samsung Galaxy S4 Image Leaked, May Come in April

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Still waiting to hear about the Galaxy Note 3 with a 6.3 inch screen, 8 core processor, 1080p 4gb ram...The S4's bigger brother.

G

It looks nearly identical to the S3, Hopefully Samsung doesn't become Apple when it comes to their phone's design.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]8 core mobile processor?.... no reason for it at all. 5" screen is too big to fit in a pocket comfortably.[/citation]
Then buy one of those cheap pre-paid phones, just because you don't want a great phone doesn't mean others don't.

Now the real question is when can I pre-order this?

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I'm still waiting to hear about the Galaxy Note VI with 4K, OLED, Flex Screen, 10GB Ram, 20 core, 3.2 Ghz, uber integrated graphics, etc.

.. if you play the wait game you can play it infinitely. Now, if the Note III was coming out in a few months then by all means, make a post like that.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]8 core mobile processor?.... no reason for it at all. 5" screen is too big to fit in a pocket comfortably.[/citation]

I disagree, my Note II fits perfectly fine in every pocket I've used. Never once thought it was too bulky. Sounds like you either have small hands syndrome or just can't afford it so you try to talk it down like you just don't want it.

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
" ...and a flexible, unbreakable screen (which was announced by Samsung during CES 2013)."

What I don't get about the "unbreakable screen" is where does the touch interface go? Doesn't that need some sort of glass type medium as well? or Am I wrong on that?

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
[citation][nom]deftonian[/nom]I disagree, my Note II fits perfectly fine in every pocket I've used. Never once thought it was too bulky. Sounds like you either have small hands syndrome or just can't afford it so you try to talk it down like you just don't want it.[/citation]

And to hear people looking forward to a 6.3" smartphone, good luck with fitting that in your pockets :p

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]deftonian[/nom]I disagree, my Note II fits perfectly fine in every pocket I've used. Never once thought it was too bulky. Sounds like you either have small hands syndrome or just can't afford it so you try to talk it down like you just don't want it.[/citation]

Nope some of us just want a COMPACT phone not a small tablet on us. Bit of a difference, one you can fit other things besides that in your pocket NEXT to it not on top of it. The other well if you put anything else in there it's going on top of the phone if it fits.

As for me I carry enough things as is. Keys (several + lanyard), wallet, 2x multi tools, various other things based on tasks on hand, and finally my cell phone. Trying to fit it all in a pair of blue jeans comfortably is like playing a game of Tetris some days and that is with a smaller Razr M for a cell phone.

knightofdames

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
Damn you Samsung, why why why a physical key why the same design, don't get fed up of the ugly shape yet! just look at the competitors..

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
I'm glad the hard Home Button is not gone.. It's so much easier to activate the screen (from standby) with that button than the power button near the top side..

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
For the people griping about it not being too different from the S3... what do you expect? It's a phone. There are only so many variations you can make without just making it triangular or something stupid like that. All smartphones have the same shape and basic set of features

[citation][nom]assasin32[/nom]Nope some of us just want a COMPACT phone not a small tablet on us. Bit of a difference, one you can fit other things besides that in your pocket NEXT to it not on top of it. The other well if you put anything else in there it's going on top of the phone if it fits.As for me I carry enough things as is. Keys (several + lanyard), wallet, 2x multi tools, various other things based on tasks on hand, and finally my cell phone. Trying to fit it all in a pair of blue jeans comfortably is like playing a game of Tetris some days and that is with a smaller Razr M for a cell phone.[/citation]
With all the tools you carry, may I suggest a contractor's belt? Certain things are not meant to be inside pockets, for safety reasons if not anything else.

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]assasin32[/nom]Nope some of us just want a COMPACT phone not a small tablet on us. Bit of a difference, one you can fit other things besides that in your pocket NEXT to it not on top of it. The other well if you put anything else in there it's going on top of the phone if it fits.As for me I carry enough things as is. Keys (several + lanyard), wallet, 2x multi tools, various other things based on tasks on hand, and finally my cell phone. Trying to fit it all in a pair of blue jeans comfortably is like playing a game of Tetris some days and that is with a smaller Razr M for a cell phone.[/citation]
If you're carrying tools they why not use a tool belt? Carrying tools and a phone in the same pocket isn't a good idea.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
yeah thats a great idea, lets just completely hault all technological advances because we've clearly hit the pinnacle. otacon, you should be samsungs CEO. i bet youd drive them to the top!

syrious1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
everyone says "ohh its too big for a phone" but carry one around for a week, then go back to using an s3.

I want to hear your story then.

zubikov

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
These sizes are getting ridiculous. Good luck doing anything with one hand. Agree with other comments that a phone must fit comfortably in a pocket. Why not focus on true, game changing technologies instead of playing the game of "mine's bigger" with other manufacturers. I really think Samsung is quickly losing sight of what's driving millions of people to buy their phones in the first place.

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
not water and dust resistant = fail

Sony Z will win this round..

almost EVERY mobile phone in Japan is water resistant btw ... being from Sony, Sharp , NEC , or Panasonic ...

it is a STANDARD in Japan now ....

if you can make a mobile phone water resistant and you dont then there is somthing wrong with your research !!!

ammaross

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
[citation][nom]zubikov[/nom]These sizes are getting ridiculous. Good luck doing anything with one hand. Agree with other comments that a phone must fit comfortably in a pocket. Why not focus on true, game changing technologies instead of playing the game of "mine's bigger" with other manufacturers. I really think Samsung is quickly losing sight of what's driving millions of people to buy their phones in the first place.[/citation]
And yet, their best-selling smartphone is their largest screened mainstream phone yet. (mainstream since the Note is an obvious niche case, but people are still buying it). Once there's a range of choices from 4" to 7" for phones, people can pick which size suits them best. That's one of the benefits of an open Android phone.

G

Wow, pretty ugly phone. Bulky and with a screen that shatters easily. No thanks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.