Samsung Galaxy S4's Likely 4.99-Inch, 1080p Screen Outed

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Now put the new exynos 5 octa in the S4, along with this 1080p display.
With a bigger (and still removable) battery plus a microsd slot like all of your recent devices.
And then it will sell like hotcakes.

MicroSD slots and removable batteries are the main reasons I always choose samsung over other android manufacturers.
Note II rocks.

G

OMG! That 440ppi is what I needed for my ultra clear eyes (0-0)!

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I'll probably get hated for this, but i would like a small phone that fit nicely into my pocket with the same tech. Like a 4.8inch (height) x 2.4inch (width) x 0.30inch (depth)

bisso

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
When I first read the title, I thought that "1080p outed" meant that the Galaxy S4 won't be 1080p. But then I looked up the math, and a 4.99'' screen at 441ppi is actualy 1920x1080 (assuming it's in a 16x9 ratio). This is actualy quite impressive spec right there. I didn't believe it could be pulled off so soon after 720p. Way to cut the grass from under the competition's feet.

bisso

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]I'll probably get hated for this, but i would like a small phone that fit nicely into my pocket with the same tech. Like a 4.8inch (height) x 2.4inch (width) x 0.30inch (depth)[/citation]
Flexible display might help with that! Not by folding it, but rather allowing phones to have edge to edge displays with no border at all! So a 4.99 display, might end up be a 5.0'' phone (I might be a bit too enthusiastic here). But the flexible display really opens up new ways to have a decent screen size while keeping your phone to the size of a.... phone.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
keeping up with cell phone technology is like a dog chasing its tale as soon as you think you got the best 2 monhs later something even better comes out. i'm perfectly content with my 2 year old smart phone i have now. when it came out it was one of the best now it's way outdated by todays best standards but i don't care it does everything i need it to do and i don't have to worry about getting tied down into another 2 year contract.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Exactly.. anything near or over 5" is too big. 4" screen is just fine. It fits in my pocket and I can use it with one hand comfortably. 8 core mobile processor?..lmao for what exactly? What a total waste. Why not make optimized dual core processors that will use less power.[/citation]
Please go watch the Samsung Keynote part 2 on youtube where they explain the octa core processor. Just ignore the weird spandex dancers at the beginner of the keynote. And scratch your head at the end of the keynote when President Clinton walks onto the stage.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
with Youm in SGS4, the screen on the side can bend like the demo they should, this can make the physical device smaller than SGS3 while having a larger screen. edge to edge screen works too.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]vkg1[/nom]The fruit company and its mentally-challenged iHerd gonna shit its pants. They're still only at 4"[/citation]

Well consumer trend will dictate size. Apple's approach makes sense but if consumers want bigger screens then I am sure Apple will go beyond 4". For now smart phone brands want to keep selling phones by offering larger screens as only real selling point.

G

Waiting on the Galaxy Note 3 with a 6.3 inch screen, 4gb ram, 64gb storage. Would be sweet if the screen was foldable like they showed at CES.

Status
Not open for further replies.