Samsung Galaxy S5 Launching in 150 Countries On April 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always take rumors with a grain of salt. The end product is an incremental evolution, rather than a revolution, but a great phone nonetheless. Remains to be seen if they'll release a GPEdition.

Kunari

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Well, it's an evolutionary product like all new "high-end" smartphones. Not surprised the rumors didn't really match. Not excited about the finger-print nor gold color...

Be0wulf22

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Samsung fanboy on the release of a new iphone - "So much for apple being an innovator! har har"

Happens every time. After months of snide comment following the release of a new iphone about how Samsung is the real innovator, Samsung's new innovation is what....a fingerprint scanner and the option to get it in gold. Har har indeed.

bochica

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Me due for an upgrade in the next few months, I don't care what it has on it. I need the damn thing to be released.

From Android Central: RAM is 2GB, storage 16 or 32 (2 variants). Problem is, the ROM itself apparently takes about 8GB, so... unless you get the 32 GB version, the only good alternative would be the GP Edition.

Blazingdeath

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
As someone still rocking an S2 with my 3 year contract just expiring, it's awesome to see this coming out soon! Due for an upgrade!

Scar89

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
Eh. Not too impressed with these new phones yet. A new rom has given my s3 alot of new life. Finger print scanner is meh, lawsuit from apple waiting to happen.Waterproof/dust proof is interesting.

usbgtx550

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Honestly, it's probably just going to be a smaller note 3. I do not see Samsung undercutting the Note by making the S5 significantly, or even marginally better.

vpoko

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012

The deal here is that a fingerprint scanner isn't interesting on any phone. I'll be getting an S5, despite the well-documented power button issue I've had with two S2's, but it's not because the S5 is innovative; I just expect it to be a solid phone. No one's innovating with smartphones anymore and that's probably OK, anyone attacking a particular cell manufacturer's lack of innovation is just trolling.

Scar89

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
Eh. Not too impressed with these new phones yet. A new rom has given my s3 alot of new life. Finger print scanner is meh, lawsuit from apple waiting to happen.Waterproof/dust proof is interesting.

Samsung fanboy on the release of a new iphone - "So much for apple being an innovator! har har"Happens every time. After months of snide comment following the release of a new iphone about how Samsung is the real innovator, Samsung's new innovation is what....a fingerprint scanner and the option to get it in gold. Har har indeed.
both sides comment like these, apple/samsung being this and that. but you know what the main difference is? Apple fanboys buy each and every iteration, they line up outside as if 7 virgins are being offered to them

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
People who have used the fingerprint scanner already say it's average at best. Have to scan your finger, not too fast, and keep it straight. At least with Apple's Touch ID you simply press and it unlocks. With your finger at any angle. Much faster and user-friendly.

And Samsung hasn't said anything about what they do with your prints. Apple has been very specific about how fingerprint data is stored (it's a hashed mathematical expression that can't be reversed to create an actual print) and where it's stored (a separate area of the processor itself as opposed to normal storage on your phone).

bombebomb

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012

If you believe that, then I have something for you to buy. Sure it may be difficult to reverse, but possible, none the less I would rather "touch" the button than slide my finger but I reckon apple has a patent on that.

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
i stick with my note 3 this is no upgrade at all, its nice to see a new phone but i think this phone been over hyped, and now when it is released it does not have all the features that ppl expected. its not a big jump from the s4 and i still think the note 3 is better.But lets see when more info is released and some reviews.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
Finger pring? ha ha.... Samsung, please go sue Apple for "copying" your idea...
I was waiting on someone to say this, Android had fingerprint scanners long ago, before apple.
The deal here is that a fingerprint scanner isn't interesting on any phone. I'll be getting an S5, despite the well-documented power button issue I've had with two S2's, but it's not because the S5 is innovative; I just expect it to be a solid phone. No one's innovating with smartphones anymore and that's probably OK, anyone attacking a particular cell manufacturer's lack of innovation is just trolling.
as much as I hate iOS and iPhone (not their Mac tho), the deal here is between Samsung and Apple. The war is between them, not Android vs iOS, eventho they use the OS's respectively. So those troll not exactly trolling, they are right, apple first before samsung whether android first or not. Samsung and Apple that got the issue, not Android nor Google. Defending Android seems childish since it is a Samsung article and a Samsung device (they are going Tizen anyway since they want more credit rather than paying Google; nice job giving a sucker punch with Motorola, Google).

sharpies

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Samsung fanboy on the release of a new iphone - "So much for apple being an innovator! har har"Happens every time. After months of snide comment following the release of a new iphone about how Samsung is the real innovator, Samsung's new innovation is what....a fingerprint scanner and the option to get it in gold. Har har indeed.
Haha A+ to you dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS