Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge Available For Preprder March 27, In Stores April 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
S6, because last year`s S5 can`t make calls or sit on facebook as good as this one, but hell yeah .. it was better than S4 because it could show facebook in fullHD unlike S3 ...

You say less pixels and more battery ? Are you by any chance insane ? And we know we laughed at iPhone for not having an SD card, now the joke`s on us!

When will people understand that they don`t need a new phone every year.

Kwuarter

Reputable
Jul 11, 2014
I hate to say it but I may switch over to Samsung from my HTC one. I've never used the MicroSD slot nor have I ever changed the battery. So that's not really an issue for me. Just how well the phone performs and feels.

Ragez234

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
S6, because last year`s S5 can`t make calls or sit on facebook as good as this one, but hell yeah .. it was better than S4 because it could show facebook in fullHD unlike S3 ...

You say less pixels and more battery ? Are you by any chance insane ? And we know we laughed at iPhone for not having an SD card, now the joke`s on us!

When will people understand that they don`t need a new phone every year.

Switching phones every year may not be ideal, but switching flagship phones every 2 years, is quite economical if you do not care about being in a contract for a cell phone.

The way I look at is, I have purchased a new flagship phone for $199, in 2 years I can still sell my phone for $300+ on ebay or craigslist, I make my 200 dollars back and buy another phone under contract. Now that plans are cheaper when buying a phone outright or not being under contract I have stopped doing this strategy, but if you do not care to be under contract, in theory you can buy a phone without ever spending extra money if you don't count the extra contract fee.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I know this is for S6 but please fix Lollipop. It drains my S5 battery faster than before AND runs slower. I have apps that are sluggish now. I'm having to reboot every-other-day.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009

Why get a new flagship phone when an S3 can run just fine the usual "facebook/pictures / office" stuff. And don`t tell me gaming .. i see gaming on phones retarded, hooking yourself up on a contract to play crappy games on a 5" display. Not to count some waste money they don`t have on a device that they can`t afford to impress people that don`t give a damn about them.

I pay in my country 4 Euros / month (VAT included) for unlimited calls and a 5GB data... and i run Android 5.0.2 on an S3 just fine (Horaah CyanogenMod). So much better without all the bloatware from Samsung.

I just upgraded my phone from a Lumia 822 to a Galaxy S5 for a whopping $29.99 w/contract(Verizon) on Amazon. I was surprised to see them that cheap but I figure they are trying to clear out the stock to make room for the S6. Whatever the reason, $29.99 at Amazon or $199.99 for the same new phone at Verizon itself was a no brainer.

It's a shame MS doesn't have a current flagship phone as I would have liked/preferred to stay with Windows Phone. I was basically forced off WP by lack of upgrade options...

Ragez234

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014

I don't disagree. More of the American culture, everyone has to have the newest and shiniest stuff especially brand name products and cars. No one needs a new car every 4 years but once people loans are up, they sell to get a new one. I wish our phone plans were that cheap lol, 2 lines with 6GB of data here is $135 bucks a month.

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
And thank you every one who had to complain about the look/feel of the device not being "premium" for we've lost the features that made the galaxy line so much more appealing the apples offering. Love my S4 because of the storage capability (I've got a 128 gig card in mine and I've only got 40 gig left) swappable battery, and flip cover. Which, by the way, impressed the local samsung rep at best buy as hed never seen one. Its a Samsung product for crying out loud! Was kinda excited about the S6 until i saw what they removed from it. Guess I'll wait and see what happens with the S7. Maybe I'll have to jump ship and go with HTC or something. Man, can't have nice things...

Mike Coberly

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
No SD card slot, no removable (therefor replaceable/expandable) battery, as a power-user this is a useless device to me.
Samsung: You shouldn't allow Apple to make your design decisions for you; you should be creating trends instead of following them.
I never been less enticed about the release of new device.

jackal575

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I just upgraded my phone from a Lumia 822 to a Galaxy S5 for a whopping $29.99 w/contract(Verizon) on Amazon. I was surprised to see them that cheap but I figure they are trying to clear out the stock to make room for the S6. Whatever the reason, $29.99 at Amazon or $199.99 for the same new phone at Verizon itself was a no brainer.

It's a shame MS doesn't have a current flagship phone as I would have liked/preferred to stay with Windows Phone. I was basically forced off WP by lack of upgrade options...

You shouldn't have to wait too long, or even change phones in order to use the next installment of WP

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-10-rom-xiaomi-mi4,28777.html

I totally agree, I won't be purchasing this phone. I have a S5 and will just keep it until something comes out with a removable battery and SD card. I would have been find with the S6 if it had 128G on board storage, a 128G SD card slot and a removable battery. I normally won't go up by just one version but I wanted the metal frame compared to the S5's plastic one.

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
GET RID OF THE HARDWARE BUTTONS ALREADY!

I tell you, if only I got authority on design choices, we'd be 30 years ahead in phone tech by this point.

It is because the M9 has no hardware buttons that I'm NOT buying it.

So each to their own, please...

Why? Screens are plenty big enough now. There's no point wasting space for HW buttons that press in and eventually break. Phones really should just be a small bezel for the secondary components like camera and otherwise basically nothing but screen.

xenogen

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
I know this is for S6 but please fix Lollipop. It drains my S5 battery faster than before AND runs slower. I have apps that are sluggish now. I'm having to reboot every-other-day.

xenogen

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
I don't know why Samsung would stick with USB 2.0 when the S5 has USB 3. Further, I'm sorry I can't stand the look of the s6 it looks too damn like a iPhone. I think Samsung is going to go downhill if they can't compete on looks then limit the device to that of an iPhone...no removable battery - I use everyday. microSD card - faster than iPhone 6/GS5 internal speed.

You know, I won't give Apple much credit for much, but the iPhone looks damn good.
Holds up, is durable, is functional - however, are a very different story.

Bart Palumbo

Reputable
Apr 12, 2015
Im hoping this helps bring down the price of the Note 4, thats the phone im getting next. Ive had the S3 for almost four years now. I have metro pcs and bought the phone from them at 400.00. The 50.00 a month fee from metro suits me fine and no contract is great but they dont have the Note 4 for sale so Im shopping on Amazon and Ebay and hoping the S6 will help lower the price. Let me know if there are any other places for me to find a Note 4 unlocked with gms for a cheap price, or if you want to buy the S6 and want to sell your Note 4 Im interested. Send me your email lets talk.
Bart Palumbo

Status
Not open for further replies.