[SOLVED] Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. Macbook Air 13in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpy122

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
Well, I just found out something very funny. I saw that I was able to run 3dMark on my mobile phone, an Samsung Galaxy S6, And when the benchmark was done, I noticed that it was a very powerful device. Just for fun I also ran 3dMark on my Macbook air 13in. and found out that my mobile phone was more powerful than my Macbook. I have two theories as to why:

1) I just ran some cleanups and RAM boosts on my phone the minute before.

2) The Samsung Galaxy S6 has a quad-core CPU, whereas the Macbook Air 13in. has a dual-core I5.

Also, take into account that at the time that I bought my S6, it was 500 euros, and my Macbook was 980 euros.

Solution
As this is an apple to oranges comparison, it really has little merit to directly compare the two devices. They were designed to do different things.

Still, it is an interesting comparison, but not very relevant.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
As this is an apple to oranges comparison, it really has little merit to directly compare the two devices. They were designed to do different things.

Still, it is an interesting comparison, but not very relevant.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Screensize is a big difference as well. If you compare an IPhone to a Galaxy, the iphone can win in some areas as its screen resolution is much lower and doesn't have to do as much work as the galaxy

Macbook air can do more varied actions than a phone, it has more than 1 input (more than 1 USB slot I mean). If it was just down to cores, my phone would be more powerful than my PC (S7 = 8 cores, PC = 4 cores) but the chip designs are different. I think phones are based on risc architecture and lower power, PC doesn't care about power as much and architecture is more multi purpose

Its like comparing graphics in a Nintendo Shift toe a PS4 Pro. One uses a mobile GPU as power base, other doesn't

Stumpy122

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

I understand your point. They are two completely different devices, and are in no way made to function the same. Still, thought it was interesting how a mobile phone was more potent (in 3dMark at least) than a laptop. But you are right, it is completely irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.