Samsung Galaxy S8 Pushes Face, Iris Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroro

Splendid
The new galaxy is too thin to hold or put into a case, has no home button on the front, and they forgot to finish putting pixels into the corners of the screen (meaning a video will either have cropped corners, or not fill the entire screen).

I hate it a lot, but at least I know I can get into a phone by printing out a picture of it's owner.

mrmez

Splendid
So... to unlock the phone I can't just look at it, which means I still need to press a button.
Seems the best option is combine a fingerprint reader in that button, preferably not on the back of the phone so I have to pick it up, and preferably not right next to the camera lens because I'll end up pressing that too.

Also, the iris scanner obviously won't work with sunglasses, wonder how the facial recognition goes with that?

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
How many fingerprint do those governments store? Last I checked, most security checks on big airports require you to share your fingerprints, too. Most countries won't give you a passport without getting your fingerprint. So, maybe get your priorities right if you want to be a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist? ??

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
My irises and finger prints are my my personal property. Read your EULA's and TOS'es and all the other fine print crap. The phone will be rooted and all illegal biometric sensors will be permanently disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.