Samsung Goes Midrange With Exynos 7 Octa 7870 14nm FinFET Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikVinoya

Honorable
May 11, 2014
With Intel all but abandoning speed gains for future cpus, how long before mobile CPUs are faster than desktop?

Intel is only abandoning speed gains in exchange of improved power consumption. Mobile devices are much more limited in power compared to a desktop so...

rush21hit

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
I can't wait for the ever more complex graphical fidelity and gameplay mechanics on gadgets. If anything comes with these chips are cheap and popular enough, it will bridge the path to it. Everything the chip has looks quite promising.
So excited.

*damn, my tab4 8.0 suddenly feels old...

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
This is the reason VR will succeed. Mobile phones are tied to VR, the Tech is growing exponentially. In a few years, our phones will be able to perform stand alone VR that will rival the current VR that is tethered to a PC today.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
I can't wait for the ever more complex graphical fidelity and gameplay mechanics on gadgets. If anything comes with these chips are cheap and popular enough, it will bridge the path to it. Everything the chip has looks quite promising.
So excited.

*damn, my tab4 8.0 suddenly feels old...

yay, i get to play a crappy game due to the platform its on, but it will look pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.