Samsung GS4 Promotion Goes Weirdly Korean Bollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

weierstrass

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
when some fan puts things like this on Youtube, its fun. When the company makes somehting like this I just cant take the product serious anymore.

This. Serious customers just shrug their shoulders at such a spectacle. I mean, the device itself is not diminished by this, but such fail is not helping, either. I wonder who's idea was that and what the poor guy is facing in the company's future (if he/she has a future with Samsung at all).

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Well, they may not have lost their hardcore customers, but they may very well have lost come casual customers. People who don't keep up with a product and/or a company who makes said product and their history may think the GS4 is just some silly badly overhyped, fad, product and not give it the close look it may deserve because of an ad like this.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I think people take this way to seriously come on, they have such a good phone that they can have some fun in their advertising.
PS. I don't own any Samsung items

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
When I hear another lame patronizing Apple add with that voice saying cliche saying. I just switch off. This add is about creating awareness and it might work. People will talk about it.

shwetanshu

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Lose causal browsers for sure. I remember buying Windows Phone because the Lumia tune was so good (One of the many factors). But I bought Samsung Omnia W (better bang per buck that time.

acyuta

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Being from India, I know who Ranveer Singh is you cannot expect much from a B-grade wannabe actor that Ranveer is. He portrays a bad-ass, care a hoot attitude in the 1-2 films he has been in (admittedly as a hero). Strange that Samsung would want to associate their brand with such types.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
"Samsung uses popular music video Gangam Style for Advertising S4."
This obviously is not advertisement, it's shot on some Samsung event probably in India, whole video is dead give away. Oh and "UNCENSORED" in title also points toward such conclusion.

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
I was going to get the S3 this month.... After seeing THIS, S4 it is!!! That was crazydopefresh....or whatever the bloody hell these kids are saying nowadays...

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
As someone who hails from that part of the world, let me chime in for a second. This is India. Over-the-top, cheesy, melodramatic and cringe-worthy acts are the norm here. It all "fits". That's nothing against the Indian culture, but it's just how bollywood has laid a playform that influences the culture there.
So eventho this makes us (westerners) facepalm, it might be a different reaction for the mainstream public in India.

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009

Sounds like the Windows RT commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.