Samsung Has a Gamepad for Smartphones Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-beam

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
@itchyisvegeta:
I am fully with you in this one. If you can't wait, go for the Sony Xperia mini Pro, much cheaper and although not as convenient, your NES games would play quite well.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
it certainly is different, but I dont like this different. there is a convenience to having a d-pad, but there really isnt any convenience to 2 left analog sticks.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012

I agree it's not a very practical design, unless it uses something like dip switches in combination with some sort of angular guide under the pad, but, I guess they wanted it to look different from the standard XBOX-like designs.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
From the PR:
'Users can also connect Galaxy devices to their TV through an HDMI cable or AllShare Screen Mirroring for video game console experience from their living room.'

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Google needs to block the next OS from running on Galaxy devices or at the least never use their chips again. We are fast approaching a moment where Samsung might start dictating OS things to google. We would rather have google start using everyone BUT samsung in order to stop them from running the show. If google doesn't start making a few other phone makers more powerful we'll end up with Apple and Samsung dictating everything. Not to mention if they get much more power (and money) we will be seeing them completely take down Intel. When Samsung is making 8B a quarter and you only make 10-12B per year they will out FAB you. They can spend Intel's entire profits on FABS and still take home 20B in cash for the year. How long do you think you can have the #1 fabs when someone else makes 3x the cash you do?

I'd like to have more choices in the future than just apple/samsung but we're quickly headed to that reality. Not sure if google can legally make their next OS not work on GS5 (or whatever), but they surely can choose to NOT use any samsung products going forward for tablets, phones etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.